Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is this normal....  (Read 741 times)

Thughes

Is this normal....
« on: October 29, 2019, 10:38:13 AM »

Hello!
 I am 45 years old and have had perimenopausal symptoms for about 6 months...night sweats.
My period is usually regular...28 days and lasts for 5. Though this month, it was 2 weeks late and is now in it's 11th day. The majority of my blood loss is when I urinate. I am starting to feel the signs of anaemia (lethargy, pale skin). I had an e-consultation with my GP who feels it's 'just perimenopause', though has referred me for blood tests on the 7th November.
I'm beginning to feel quite anxious and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this....?

Taz2

Re: Is this normal....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:44 AM »

Hi Thughes. Rest assured that what you are experiencing is typical for peri menopause. Blood tests are not considered that useful for diagnosing peri menopause as hormones fluctuate so much but will show whether you have low iron. Periods can also fluctuate wildly over the first few years and can range from 2 days long to six weeks or more (mine!). Have a good browse around the site both reading our posts and also reading the excellent information contained in the menu at the top of the screen.

You will get lots of support on here as you go through what can seem a crazy journey at times.

Taz x   :welcomemm:

Thughes

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:49:24 AM »

Phew!!!
Thank you so much...thought I was suffering with some kind of internal bleeding! :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »

Not likely to be anything un2ward ;-) Thughes - probably Meno-pause and nowt is 'only' or 'just' !

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress

Blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::)

Browse round.  Make notes.   :welcomemm:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:36:09 PM by CLKD »

Thughes

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 11:51:03 AM »

I suppose I just wasn't expecting such a drastic change.....
Now that I know...I'm ready for the fight!!  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 12:15:59 PM »

It seems to catch most of us out. You'll get used to it but you were right to ask as we should never just blame new symptoms on the menopause. The changes in bleeding pattern are due to the hormones fluctuating so I visualise it like a tap. The brain signals the tap to turn on and the womb lining begins to shed then the hormones change so tap turns off then they change yet again so tap turns on .... ;D

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »

you are on a roll this morning  :thankyou: ;D

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »

Half term  ;D

Taz x