Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Not looking forward to winter  (Read 6532 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Not looking forward to winter
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 08:34:46 PM »

I don't mind when going on holiday.  We rarely see 6.00 except at T-time.

Lanzalover

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 07:47:08 AM »

I hate winter I don't do cold ❄️ wet 💦 or grey 🌫

There have been years when I can actually feel my mood lowering, fortunately we are now in a position to go abroad a few times over the winter months and that certainly helps.

Like Dierdre when we finally!!! retire we're going to spend winters abroad in the sun.
The plan is to go in November and come back at the end of March.
We will come home for  a flying visit at Christmas to see family and friends  but won't be staying long then we will go back.

Lanzalover x

Perinowpost

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 08:22:39 AM »

I hate winter too. It seems to have started early in Yorkshire (I realise that technically it's Autumn) it's rained here nearly every day this month! I struggle with cold, wet, damp and grey skies. I am literally a different person when the weather is nice.

It's my husband's dream to live somewhere sunny, and we're in a position to move abroad next year if we find somewhere we like. My problem is making the leap. I have children and grandchildren who I love dearly and I am very involved in their lives. I also love this country, it's culture and everything it offers, I realise how lucky we are to live here.

We're looking at Tenerife in January, and Costa del Sol in June so who knows, I'm trying to keep an open mind. I do know though that if we had decent weather in the UK I wouldn't even think about leaving x

Dierdre

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 11:11:17 AM »

Im worried we may not beable to stay that long, Lanzalover, with Brexit and the freedom of movement. I may have got it wrong but wont we be limited to 90 days out of 180 without a visa?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »

Will it matter Dierdre?  It's paper work.  Shouldn't actually stop people travelling?

A couple I knew in the 1990s went to Malta from November until March and had a holiday home here.  Family travelled to see them .  I wouldn't be travelling back for C.mas  ;)

Dierdre

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 01:18:22 PM »

I hope you're right CLKD, I'd hate to be limited to travel where and whenever i wanted.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »

I wonder who began that little rumour ;-).  Why would any Country want to limit visitors who bring in monies  ::)

squeaker99

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »

Bought a cheap Chiminea from Home Base yesterday. Sat outside at sunset with a glass of (Lidl) mulled wine watching the flames.  Was very nice (until the sun went down - then it was freezing).

Dierdre

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2019, 05:18:25 PM »

Im thinking of buying a patio heater so i can still sit outside when its not raining, we could even have winter BBQs, hate being indoors through the winter months no matter how cosy i try to make it i still feel closed in.

Lanzalover

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2019, 06:05:20 PM »

Hi Dierdre

At the moment you can stay up to three months at a time so if we come home at Christmas and then return around 30th Dec we can then stay another 90 days.

I'll worry about the Brexit ramifications later ( please don't spoil my plans yet   ;D )

Lanzalover x

Ladybt28

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 06:19:49 PM »

There won't be any Brexit ramifications - all these places need UK visitors and our money- whatever happens the system will designed to make sure that tourists, expats etc can still do what they want because business will have to follow the money!  It always works out like that...a system that is not profitable doesn't last long. xx You'll all be fine! xx

Focus

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 06:36:06 PM »

I feel absolutely freezing today. I've felt like this all day, since before I got out of bed. I just can't seem to get warm (or even just not feel cold).

I can't remember if I felt like this last year, and if I always just feel like this anyway.

I really want to go to the gym tonight, but the thought of taking my trousers off and putting my leggings on isn't the most appealing at the moment.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »

Those patio heaters are so not green  :-\

Dierdre

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2019, 07:57:11 AM »

I know but a wood burner would not go down well with the neighbours.

Sorry Lanza, im sure we'll be fine and it'll be nice to have a few days back to catch up and check on everything around Christmas, i got a flight out there last year for £14.99 on 29th December, back in time for New Year.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:59:05 AM by Dierdre »

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 09:24:19 AM »

We have a wood burner.  Neighbours don't even know  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4