Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Combined contraceptive pill for perimenopause  (Read 1203 times)

CrispyChick

Combined contraceptive pill for perimenopause
« on: November 03, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »

Hi. I'm day 4 into my Pill. I was previously on the mini pill and feeling horrific with both moods and physical issues, like dizziness and ear pressure. But these were all worse before the mini pill. Cerazette.

Have made the switch in the hope this works to suppress my own hormones, give me some estrogen and lift me out of the sorry state I am in.

I am 43. Had a terrible 2 years and only just realised, after lots of tests, that it is probably perimenopause. I just want to feel normal again.

Day 4 and I feel rubbish. Some of my worst symptoms of brain fog, ear pressure, nausea, fatigue are high today. My mood is good though.

Please...... If you have gone down the pill route for peri, give me your stories........ Many thanks. X

dangermouse

Re: Combined contraceptive pill for perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 12:13:59 PM »

For me, going back on the combined pill 5 years after 20 years of previous use, took 7 days of symptoms ramping back up to then completely settle. (Nausea was 24/7!).

A couple of months later my oestrogen surges started breaking through again, even though I took it back to back to avoid my own hormones coming back into play. Nothing like pre pill symptoms though. I probably should have stayed on it but ended up trying: HRT - made me much worse; Progesterone Cream via endocrinologist - made me much better but after a year had more difficulties controlling the oestrogen surges and also caused detox reactions.

Now just working on detox pathways/gut health to keep the oestrogen purging under control.