Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bladder problems  (Read 1104 times)

Winnie

Bladder problems
« on: October 22, 2019, 06:17:15 AM »

As I sit  here quietly typing this urine is leaking out  of me not much but enough to get you down. Been to physio got pelvic floor exercises  which I do every night.  This is a new symptom which is hard to deel with. I am 5 years on from surgical menopause not on any hrt and don't really want to be. Also been sweating more than normal can anyone suggest anything that I guess mask the smell after showers I have never been a sweaty person I hate people near me in case I smell horrible I have at least 3 showers a day ? >:(

Katejo

Re: Bladder problems
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 06:36:07 AM »

As I sit  here quietly typing this urine is leaking out  of me not much but enough to get you down. Been to physio got pelvic floor exercises  which I do every night.  This is a new symptom which is hard to deel with. I am 5 years on from surgical menopause not on any hrt and don't really want to be. Also been sweating more than normal can anyone suggest anything that I guess mask the smell after showers I have never been a sweaty person I hate people near me in case I smell horrible I have at least 3 showers a day ? >:(
Have you ever had a referral to a uro gynaecologist? It might be worth discussing with a GP. I was referred because of atrophy but she did ask me whether I had this problem.

Turkish delight

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 07:59:13 AM »

So sorry Winnie, this sounds very distressing.

I use Driclor for sweat issues, it stops any sweating where ever you put it. It's not a normal antiperspirant, it's the next level.

It actually blocks any sweat before it comes out leaving you dry and clean as you was straight out of the shower. Read the instructions carefully and don't slather it on like a normal roll on bcz it's strong but very effective. I use it on armpits, underboobs( hate boob sweat)and the soles of my feet so no sweaty feet for me. Link under here.

https://www.boots.com/driclor-solution-roll-on-applicator-10050231

TD

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 08:46:51 AM »

Do read the bladder and vaginal atrophy threads. No one needs to leak!

As for body odour, I know mine has altered but DH tells me that he can't smell me  ::) and I don't notice anyone moving away suddenly in shops
;-).   A anti-perspirant might be useful.

As for HRT you may well find that you need treatment for atrophy otherwise symptoms will be come worse and pelvic floor can aggravate the situation!  Browse round.  Make notes.

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »

Hi Winnie and so sorry about your distressing problem.  Maybe local hrt is needed.  I know you don't want hrt and I understand as I came off systemic hrt after problems.  I am 61 and had urine pressure problems, though not leaking, and like loads of ladies on here I use ovestin, or there is vagifem.  They are cream or pessary applied vaginally and without it my life would be awful.  Try your gp as you can't suffer like this.  X