Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Digestive isdues  (Read 2580 times)

Elliebee

Digestive isdues
« on: September 20, 2022, 11:32:51 AM »

Hi does anyone else get changes to their poo around time period due? I seem to be getting more cramps too
In peri menopause.

Flossieteacake

Re: Digestive isdues
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 11:37:46 AM »

I have always had this. I think it is common so I would not worry.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 11:46:31 AM »

Yep.  During my menstruating years I would have to 'dash', 10 mins B4 a bleed began even if a period wasn't due.  Hormones  >:(

In the week leading up to a period I would be 'constipated'.  Since which I have suffered with slow transit  :(

Elliebee

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 12:00:06 PM »

Thank you . My toilet habits have always been different a week or so before period from weeing more , pooing more or sometimes less. Periods are erratic now but cramping and other pms symptoms seem worse in perimenopause ! Just hard to know if period will start or not even though I’m getting signs it will !

Elliebee

Re: Digestive issues
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 12:49:05 PM »

Thank you Flosssieteacake. I have always had too pee  and poo more few days before period. I still get these and other PMS symptoms but not always a period. It is always such a relief if do actually get a bit of spotting as then I know the symptoms will soon be gone.

Flossieteacake

Re: Digestive issues
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 02:05:27 PM »

Thank you Flosssieteacake. I have always had too pee  and poo more few days before period. I still get these and other PMS symptoms but not always a period. It is always such a relief if do actually get a bit of spotting as then I know the symptoms will soon be gone.

You are welcome. It is not nice and I can see why you are relieved once the period starts. I hope your period starts soon for you.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 02:20:18 PM »

Eating every 3 hours may help, keeping the blood sugar levels even.  That is, every 3 hours 24/7.

Elliebee

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 02:48:19 PM »

Eating regularly also helps with the morning anxiety/cortisol rush which I also get at certain times of month. One symptom goes and another arrives!!  ;

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 07:26:20 PM »

Yep.  I felt over whelmed at times even knowing what was causing it all  :-\

ange63

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 11:25:41 AM »

I have digestive issues with acid reflux/GERD and changed bowel habit changes since worst postmeno symptoms hit me 9 months ago. This thread is interesting and I wonder if eating early in morning when I wake will help me with anxiety / cortisol when I wake early hours.   Is there more information I can look at to help with this please.   many thanks. x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »

Ginger biscuits can help as can stem ginger in syrup or ginger tea.

I think making sure that you eat regularly through the day and don't go to bed hungry because the body is starved over night.  Slow release foods are essential.

ange63

Re: Digestive isssues - increase in severity
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 12:26:24 PM »

over the past 3 days I have noticed more changes in my stomach and bowel.      Lot of bloating and cramps in both... this is new to me.  Usually manage reflux/GERD with diet and gavison but its not this bad.   Tried to do a walk yesterday but only managed 1K as stomach cramps and abdominal discomfort/pain was awful and felt so sore - was walking stooped over in the end to take pressure of abdomen.       Had only small amounts of food throughout day.   Over night it continued with cramps, bloated feeling and felt like knots in abdomen.    No sleep due to it and put pillow under back of my knees to avoid stretching legs out as that made it ache even more.  Same with just water to drink - only taking sips until had the glass.      Decided to eat two small pieces of wholemeal toast as I have to eat something.   Then Gaviscon.  See what happens.       All is giving me crippling anxiety which I have not had for some weeks!.  Has anyone else experienced these types of increases in digestion issues and what it is or what can help with it.       (Cannot take the PPIs due to severe reactions.  Have been prescribed Famotidine but bit nervous to use now symptoms have changed.)   Thank you

ange63

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2022, 02:43:37 PM »

Update:   tried Famotidine and was great day 1 and felt so much better.    By day 2 though side effects kicked in again the main being bad anxiety.  Off it now and waiting for it to get out of my system.         So back to painful stomach and bowels now doubt soon.       Stuff of nigtmares!!

Ayesha

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2022, 04:05:33 PM »

Hi ange61
Your symptoms sound horrific, I am assuming you have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy?
My husband suffers many digestive issues similar to yours and it's all down to IBS, it can be a very miserable condition.
Hope you find some relieve soon X

trandall

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2022, 04:27:09 PM »

I started getting issues when peri menopause started 3 years ago and this actually included rectal bleeding piles and high anxiety, had lots of tests and very grateful to know all is well but still have the strange symptoms which can get my mind overthinking again from time time again depending on hormones 🤪 now things down there have settled and it’s now the odd aches and pains under ribs which I’ve also had checked (bloods etc) it can be really difficult not to think everything is linked but I think I am now getting my head around it. Good to talk to other ladies I have a group at work too we call The Hot Group great to share experiences it keeps us sane 💕