Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Intrarosa has arrived!  (Read 15097 times)

Hurdity

Re: Intrarosa has arrived!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 05:09:12 PM »

;D I always want to see it all written down from the actual source - it's amazing what Chinese whispers can do!

Hurdity x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »

Lol that will teach me not to research myself ( which I normally do ) & go on hear say ( which came from a Gynae not directly to me but from a 3rd party) 🙄.

No probs, I have a friend who's a marketing consultant for big Pharma and she actually pitched for this product. She can bore the legs off a chair with her detailed minutiae on trials!

Perinowpost

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 05:18:57 PM »

My GP said it was on the formulary so there was no reason why I couldn't try it. I will keep you all posted x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 05:21:56 PM »

My GP said it was on the formulary so there was no reason why I couldn't try it. I will keep you all posted x

Perinowpost - I believe prescribing formularies differ throughout the UK, and therefore not every NHS board will have it available. You're lucky.

Perinowpost

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 05:54:10 PM »

Ah I see. I must admit I don't understand the processes, but yes I am lucky x

Eviepf

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 06:27:47 PM »

This all sounds very interesting and I'm wondering if I should mention Intrarosa to my GP when I have my periodic prescription review next week. I use Vagifem every other day, and it definitely helps, but I'd like to be able to use something on the outside. I've tried estriol/estradiol creams but couldn't continue with them - everything I apply to that area (except Olive and Bee and Yes products) results in terrible irritation and soreness after a few days use, which I've always assumed was due to the fillers.

Do you think that Intrarosa might be a possible way forward? If it contains no nasty fillers, perhaps the fact that it would reach the external area when it melts might be helpful? I'd be willing to put up with the mess, if so!

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 06:35:59 PM »

I would be very interested in how it working for you.  We have a product in Canada that is similar and if you have success with DHEA then I might suggest this to my GP.  Please keep us posted.  Good luck.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 08:48:15 AM »

Not much to report really. No problems since I started it, no irritation, feels soothing as opposed to irritating easy to insert and I haven't had anything more than normal excretions.

I just despair that it's not more widely available as I know Vagifem is irritating to quite a few ladies. It's desperately unfair that we have to scrabble around to find something suitable. I won't return to Vagifem although I do still like Ovestin inside and out.

Perinowpost

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 08:50:41 AM »

Just thought I'd update on using Intrarosa.  I Initially held off using it until I had dealt with yet another bout of thrush caused by utrogestan. However, my verdict is I like it.  Intrarosa doesn't irritate my bladder like Vagifem, so for me will replace it.  As others have said I still like ovestin (for inside and out), so hopefully between the two VA will be under control x

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 07:01:21 PM »

Hi Kilted...is Intrarosa more of a vitamin E suppository?  If so there is a terrific vitamin E complex called (in Canada and US) Repagyn.  It was wonderful but did not provide any hormones plus VERY EXPENSIVE.   I googled Intrarosa and sounds similar.  What is in Intrarosa and do you suffer from severe VA? 

KiltedCupid

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »

Hi Kilted...is Intrarosa more of a vitamin E suppository?  If so there is a terrific vitamin E complex called (in Canada and US) Repagyn.  It was wonderful but did not provide any hormones plus VERY EXPENSIVE.   I googled Intrarosa and sounds similar.  What is in Intrarosa and do you suffer from severe VA?

Whatsupwiththis - it's not vitamins as far as I know but the vit e pessary sounds good! Intrarosa is a coconut oil base which melts super quick! I tried using one in the morning and lost most of it 10 mins later. It seems you defo need to lie down after inserted. It's main component is DHEA which is the mother sex hormone which is converted to testosterone and oestrogen when metabolised in the vagina. It's a very small dose of dhea. I find it really soothing and not at all irritating, it's very quickly relieved a small external area of irritation but to be fair, I don't suffer badly with VA as my systemic hrt keeps it mostly at bay. It's my preferred local product by far and I only use it once or twice a week.

Hope that helps.

Nairn

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 07:53:39 PM »

Hi all

Can this be bought OTC in Portugal do you know? Family out there at the moment.  Mentioned it to meno consultant (I am in Scotland) but the first line of prescription is for vagifem or one of the creams, combined with oral or transdermal.  Keen to try it given the positive results

KiltedCupid

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »

Nairncat - I'm afraid I don't know about Portugal, I'm sure someone posted on here not too long ago about buying otc in Portugal when shortages first started in UK. You could do a search for Portugal and see if you can find it. Unless your local prescribing  formulary doesn't list this, you should be allowed to get it as it's now available in UK on nhs. You could ask your GP and say you know it's available and have problems with other local products.

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55:03 AM »

The main thing to remember about Intrarosa is that trials showed in order to be as effective as Vagifem used tiwce a week it needed to be used EVERY DAY. However if you intend to use it as part of a mix of treatments eg you use systemic HRT as well, and perhaps estriol cream too - then it sounds like a useful addition to treatments - especially in its form of delivery ( like the old Orthogynest estriol pessary). You may find if you are post-menopausal and using not other HRT or VA treatment, that it isn't quite enough - but clearly worth a try!!

Perinowpost - very interested to hear it doesn't irritate your bladder too - I find vagifem always does this the day i use it....

Nairncat - your GP should be able to bypass the local formulary list as long as they can justify it - mine always does...(in England anyway).

Hurdity x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2019, 10:01:12 AM »

Just been back to GP to go over my new regime and asked if Intrarosa was available in Lothian yet, yay, it is! Any ladies in Scotland who are interested to try this should now be able to get it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4