Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Uterine polyp  (Read 20270 times)

Hurdity

Re: Uterine polyp
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »

Hi Vicky & QueenofReds

Just catching up on this and have a similar thing going on.  I have been bleeding for just over a week.  After the hysteroscopy on Tues I thought it was tailing off but Thurs - Sat were awful with bright red bleeding and clots - worse in the morning.  Yesterday was a little lighter but today again the horrible morning bleed.  I thought it was because I had my mirena removed and others have been telling me about the bleed from hell after removal - but should it go on this long?  Maybe it's a combination of the hysteroscopy and the mirena but it doesn't seem right.  Apart from that I've had no cramps with the bleeding and feel Ok apart from the lack of sleep - same as you QueenofReds - fall asleep and wake up again which is unusual for me.  And of course the anxiety surges.  I've been off HRT for a month now.

I would have phoned the GP this morning for an appointment, but have a meeting this morning which I can't miss - typical.  Maybe will try this afternoon but like you Vicky, the thought of being poked about again is not a welcome one  :-\  It helps that we can share our experiences.
Dolly xx

Dollydream - if you had a slightly thickened lining on the Mirena and you are bleeding after removal - this is most likely to be a normal withdrawal bleed that one would expect eg on cyclical HRT (and if they say the other bleeding was probably a late period - which could have caused the lining to thicken). Your progesterone levels will have dropped following the Mirena removal, and the lining is now coming away. However good to be checked out by the doc anyway.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2019, 03:08:39 PM »

I just phoned the hospital about pain and bleeding. The nurse said I should have been resting for a week and not to lift anything or do any hoovering, which i have been doing. Fingers crossed it stops soon x

Sorry to hear about this vickypk. Do you have anyone that can look after you so that you can rest properly and allow healing?

Hurdity x

vickypk

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »

Hi Hurdity. Thanks for your reply.
Yes my husband is here, the hospital never said anything about resting after the operation, I was just carrying on the same. I won't lift anything else now I know.

I'll let you know how it goes

Vicky xx

vickypk

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2019, 03:31:28 PM »

Hi Dolly
I just saw your post.
It sounds similar to what I'm going through with the pain and bleeding.
The bleeding is bright red  When i spoke to the gynae nurse at the hospital today she seemed to think I'd been doing too much and i have. At the time of the operation no one told me to rest for a week.
Just hope it settles soon. Maybe you have been doing too much.
Hope you are better soon
Vicky xx

Dollydream

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2019, 05:31:36 PM »

Hi ladies
I went to the GP this afternoon and she said that it is normal to bleed for up to 2 weeks after a hysteroscopy.  She said if it's still going on next week to come back and she'll take a swab.  Hurdity you're right about the lining coming away, the doctor said this could be the case too.

Glad to hear you got some answers from the hospital Vicky, hopefully you can rest up now and get better, although it's harder to do nothing sometimes.  Take it easy and let us know how you're feeling.

Queen of Reds - totally understand about the youngsters at work - they seem to have a way about them that makes you feel about 100 - their time will come though  :-X Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight. 

Dolly xx

vickypk

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »

Thanks Dolly.
That's good to hear about the hysteroscopy and bleeding for up to two weeks, I've had two in the past two weeks, so it could be that.
It's good keeping in touch and sharing all this. I feel better tonight as i know it is normal and nothing to worry about.

Be in touch soon
Vicky x

vickypk

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »

Hi all. Just had a text from my GP saying the polyp was benign. . Good news.
Vicky xx

Hurdity

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

Great news vickypk - so you don't need to worry about that! Hope your bleeding has eased now?

Hurdity x

vickypk

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2019, 04:19:46 PM »

Thanks Hurdity yes great news. The bleeding and pain have stopped  Back on the HRT now
Vicky xx

Dollydream

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2019, 09:50:19 PM »

Brilliant news Vicky. Glad all is well, bleeding has stopped here too  :)
Dolly xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2019, 08:10:37 AM »

Great news Vicky. Glad all is well. I have stopped bleeding too and the cramps have gone. Still waiting for my results of polyp removal. Hopefully no news is good news😊

Dollydream
Glad all is well with you too.
Have a great weekend the both of you.
QXX

vickypk

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2019, 12:58:34 PM »

Thanks Dolly glad the bleeding has stopped. Let me know when you get your results

Thanks QueenofReds3. Glad you have stopped bleeding too.

I was surprised my GP text with my result saying histology normal of polyp. That was the 8th day after the operation. Was very pleased with that text, didn't know they do it like that. Let me know how you get on

Vicky xx

Dollydream

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2019, 07:50:21 PM »

Hi ladies
Letter came through with results and all clear which is great news.  Basically as before, it's the HRT causing the lining to thicken - I've tried to find a HRT that suited me but after 4 years now and 2 hysteroscopies, I've given up on it as I can't be going through these investigations again, way too stressful.  At least we've had each other to bounce off this time and it's been quite a comfort to share our experiences.
Let us know when you get your results QoR, yes no news is good news. Vicky, I'm going to sign up to these text updates at my doctors, they keep giving me forms to fill in but I always forget, but it's good to get your results super quick.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend my lovelies.
Dolly xx

vickypk

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2019, 08:23:30 PM »

Hi Dolly.
Glad your results were all fine. It's difficult for you taking HRT if you keep getting problems.
I have found it stressful with two hysteroscopies in one week. Never really heard of them before, but soon learn and so painful. I'm back on the HRT patches, didn't really want to stop those.
It has helped me a lot sharing our experiences in the past couple of weeks thanks.
Hope you have a lovely weekend too, just watching Strictly
Vicky xx

vickypk

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2019, 04:14:52 PM »

Really strange, had the all clear from the polyp, today had cramps and bleeding like a period. Feel a bit worried.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8