Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anxiety, Teeth Grinding and TMJ Dysfunction  (Read 1970 times)

Kathleen

Anxiety, Teeth Grinding and TMJ Dysfunction
« on: October 08, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »

Hello ladies.

I was looking at Dr Renee's YouTube channel yesterday and she mentioned that she had discovered an effective treatment for TMJ Dysfunction. I don't have this myself but I'm sure in the past that I've seen posts on MM from ladies with the condition. I did a search and nothing came up but I still think it's a topic worth mentioning.

TMJ describes the muscles of the jaw where it connects to the skull at the hinged part beneath the ear. It seems this part of the face can be injured in all sorts of ways and when the jaw fails to work properly it is known as TMJ Dysfunction. I am no medic obviously but anyone who wants to learn more should visit Dr Renee's channel. The reason I wanted to post about it is because the condition can be caused by teeth grinding which in turn can result from anxiety. The magic solution it seems is an injection of botox in a specific area which relaxes the muscles and relieves the pain and disability.

As I say I'm sure this has come up on the forum before so if anyone  is suffering they may like to know that there is a guaranteed solution to their problem. Now how often can we say that ladies!

Wishing everyone well.

K.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Anxiety, Teeth Grinding and TMJ Dysfunction
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 10:05:12 PM »

Thank you Kathleen for posting that...😊

marge

Re: Anxiety, Teeth Grinding and TMJ Dysfunction
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »

Interesting to read your post Kathleen, l had TMJ years ago on two separate occasions. I was in my 30s so nothing to do with meno.  When l asked my GP how long it would last, he said 'how long's a piece of string'. Helpful! It's a very painful condition which l had for several months. Thankfully, it hasn't reappeared