Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Thigh Pain  (Read 2894 times)

Bobidy

Thigh Pain
« on: October 24, 2019, 09:49:18 AM »

Hi, I'm just wondering if anybody has a similar problem....

When lying down in bed I get pain in my left thigh from the groin down to the knee. It lasts all night but goes when I stand up.

It started a couple of years ago when peri started, so I don't know if it's linked or coincidental. I've been to the doctors about it but I think I need to go back again as it's stopping me from sleeping.

I'm wonder if its muscles and ligaments tightening up and of course I'm a bit worried it might be the femoral artery!

I also get numb hands in bed if they are at the side of my body so I wonder if it's a circulation thing.

I walk and stretch every day.

Any thoughts much appreciated x

Jeepers

Re: Thigh Pain
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »

Hi bobidy

I get pains in my thighs.. what sort of pain is it? Mine is a strange burning pain deep in my thigh.

Its transient, lasts for 30 seconds, then goes until the next time

Jeepers xx

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »

Hi, mine feels a bit like its pulsating and can go a bit numb. But only in my thigh never in my calf/foot and only when lying down not during the day when I'm moving around.

It's as though something is getting trapped no matter what position I'm lying in, or the circulation is different.

I'm going to have to go back to the doctors I know, but I dread going now with the huge amount of appointments I've had in the past with multiple peri symptoms.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 01:18:55 PM »

Hello Bobidy.

I haven't had this myself but I have two friends who have Siatica so could it be that? My friends are male so obviously not meno related but one did have his symptoms begin overnight and is being treated with physio for a trapped nerve. I know there are stretching exercises online designed to relieve the muscle tension with Siatica so that may be worth a look.

Sorry I can't be of more help but it may turn out to be a common problem with some effective treatments.

Wishing you well.

K.

Bobidy

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 04:26:31 PM »

Thanks everyone, I'll get back to the doctors.

Sometimes it feels like my body is falling to pieces! X

Jeepers

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »

Hi Bobidy

I know exactly what you mean, I keep wondering where my body went!

Let us know how you get one

Jeepers xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 06:42:35 PM »

I had this about 5 years ago.  Woke in the early hours with INTENSE pain deep in the thigh, so painful I couldn't even cry out.  It turns out that when I've been bending forwards, looking in2 cabinets for jewellery, the nerves in the back are aggravated and cause the pain.   :-\

How is your posture overall?

Bobidy

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 08:21:37 PM »

My posture is okay but I'm constantly correcting it.

The pains gone again now thank god. I think it's tight muscle / ligaments etc.

I'm going to try some gentle inner thigh stretches to see if that makes a difference.

I feel like a tightly coiled spring in spite of all the yoga etc! I'm going to have to have a proper massage I think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 10:22:36 AM »

Oh - we could have a meno massage room - lines of beds so that we could chat as we had the massage?

Do you practice quads exercises?

Bobidy

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 03:36:37 PM »

I try to stretch everything but I think I'm missing out the inner thigh so I'll start off gently and see what happens