Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Withdrawal bleed and estriol  (Read 1051 times)

shrosphirelass

Withdrawal bleed and estriol
« on: October 17, 2019, 05:32:37 PM »

Is it best to give the estriol a miss during the withdrawal bleed?

Hurdity

Re: Withdrawal bleed and estriol
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »

When I have my bleed I get very dry especially using tampons so I squirt the estriol on the end of the tampon whenever I change it - keeps everything lubricated and ensures I still get some local oestrogen. The rest of the time I use Vagifem. If you've got Gynest Ovestin maybe be a bit less liberal on the tampon as it is 10 x as strong as the estriol!

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 07:46:48 AM by Hurdity »

Jenna

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 07:07:22 AM »

When I have my bleed I get very dry especially using tampons so I squirt the estriol on the end of the tampon whenever I change it - keeps everything lubricated and ensures I still get some local oestrogen. The rest of the time I use Vagifem. If you've got Gynest maybe be a bit less liberal on the tampon as it is 10 x as strong as the estriol!

Hurdity x

Just to avoid any confusion, Hurdity, you mean Ovestin and not 'Gynest', don't you!   

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:46:18 AM »

Ooh yes thanks Jenna I do mean Ovestin. How on earth did I type Gynest as Ovestin was in my head! Well spotted!! I will edit too.... (Gynest was what the 0.1% 0.01% estriol used to be called.... dohh!)

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:09:41 PM by Hurdity »

bear

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »

Ooh yes thanks Jenna I do mean Ovestin. How on earth did I type Gynest as Ovestin was in my head! Well spotted!! I will edit too.... (Gynest was what the 0.1% estriol used to be called.... dohh!)

Hurdity x

Hi hurdity,

Just to avoid any further confusion, you mean Gynest was what the 0.01% estriol used to be called...

BeaR.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks bear.
My brain is mush!

Yes of course - in fact I had 0.1 % in my head and thought no - I always initially post it wrong so switched to the 0.01 %. I will amend that one now ( this is getting silly). I think I should delete all my posts on this thread!!!

Note to self - stop posting in such a hurry!! Busy busy

shropshirelass - big apologies for being so useless in my replies! Hope you've got the drift though!

Hurdity x

bear

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 04:13:33 PM »

My brain is mush!

Yes of course - in fact I had 0.1 % in my head and thought no - I always initially post it wrong so switched to the 0.01 %. I will amend that one now ( this is getting silly). I think I should delete all my posts on this thread!!!

shropshirelass - big apologies for being so useless in my replies! Hope you've got the drift though!

Hurdity x

You're welcome. No worries  ;)

BeaR.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 05:37:44 PM »

My brain is mush!

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity,
Thanks, I guessed what you meant! It's estriol 0.01% I have. So do you it would be ok to carry on with the applications, I don't use tampons?

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 08:20:15 AM »

As far as I know shropshirelass there is no reason why you cannot carry on. The only thing is that it may not stay in place for quite as long - depending on your bleed - as it could be "sluiced" out hence blobbing it on the end of tampons to keep it in place. Surely some is better than none though?

Good luck :)

Hurdity x