Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 936 times)

purplebee

Advice please
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:20:58 PM »

I have been using Evorel Conti but the supplies have dried up. I spoke to myl ocal pharmacist and the only HRT he has in stock is The oestrogen gel pump and evorel 50 progesterone patches.  I asked to speak to my GP this morning and he called me about 45 minutes ago and seemed a bit confused about the separate gel and progesterone. Can someone please explain it to me? How is it used? I was using half a patch of the Evorel Conti so how much gel and progesterone would I need to use? He mentioned something about Evorel sequi, I believe this gives you a period? I would be most grateful for any info on this so I can relay it to my GP.

shrosphirelass

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 07:25:35 PM »

Sorry, I don't know about the gel, but The Independent Pharmacy is showing that they have stock or evorel conti. I understand that if you send them your prescription it costs the standard NHS price.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 08:54:23 AM »

See my post above about online pharmacy ordering. I'm dealing with Oxford Pharmacy at the moment. Good luck

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »

When he says evorel 50 progesterone patches - aren't these the evorel conti patches? I didn't think evorel produced a progesterone only patch?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »

The two separate ones are, the oestrogen gel, you rub onto the skin, and if your post meno, you take the progesterone everyday either oral or you can insert vaginally. ( if it's Utrogestan).

Yes, the sequi WILL give you a bleed..

You can adjust the oestrogen gel as required, so it's better to start off with just about half a pump as you were only on  half a patch of the Evorel. ...hope this helps..hopefully someone on the two separates will post soon...xx

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 01:28:36 PM »

Hi Evorel Conti contains the same amount of oestrogen as 2 pumps of gel. So if you are using half a patch then you will need 1 pump of gel.

You will need to take Utrogestan 100mg every night.

Evorel Sequi will give you a bleed and they are out of stock too. X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 01:29:59 PM »

Thank you Dotty for correcting me. 🙂 xx