Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Yes Products Advice  (Read 1308 times)

Bobidy

Yes Products Advice
« on: October 16, 2019, 12:31:47 PM »

Hi

I want to order some Yes products.

Would you recommend the vaginal moisturiser for the external dryness. Then the lubricant for intercourse? I wasn't sure whether the oil or water based would be best?

I don't use Vagifem pessaries yet, would my husband need to use condoms when I do? If so the oil based lubricant would be no good I guess.

Thanks x

Tinkerbell

Re: Yes Products Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:06:32 PM »

If you email them they will send samples.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 03:09:33 PM »

Your partner doesn't need to use condoms whilst you use Vagifem, i have used it for 4 years and my husband hasn't grown breasts yet, although i think it worries him ;D

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »

Is there a reason why you haven't started Vagifem yet, VA is far easier to control if treatment is started early on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 04:16:32 PM »

I never consider what would happen if DH were intimate after using 'ovestin'  :-\ it's my vagina!

If I think he might be cuddling closer  :bed: I wait until after B4 inserting a treatment. 

'yes' can be used along-side prescribed VA treatment.

Bobidy

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 04:48:12 PM »

Thanks all, I'm trying to figure out if I need Vagifem as sometimes I think yes then it seems ok again.

I had a hysterectomy a few months ago so it's been difficult to know what twinges relate to recovery or VA. I've noticed improvement since starting estrogel which does indicate that I probably do need it. I'd rather keep things okay than wait until I really really need it.

I'll check with Dr Newson next appointment I think. I mentioned it last time and she was happy to prescribe and write to my doctors to add onto my prescription.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »

Don't leave it too long.  4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »

I really wouldn't wait until it becomes more of an issue, i had to fight for months to get treatment for VA as i kept getting fobbed off because i was peri and so many doctors think you can't get it at that stage. I had constant burning that i couldn't sleep with, sit down or even walk around supermarket without being in major discomfort.

Do get it prescribed now and seriously consider using it.

Bobidy

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »

Thanks everyone and for sharing. X

Sheanie

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 11:22:25 PM »

The YES vaginal moisturiser in a little tube that you pop inside and squeeze is great. I use them a couple of times a week and Ovestin cream a couple of times. I use the water based lubricant, and I like it. I did buy some of the oil based one to try, but one of my dogs stole it from my stash and ate it.  :o  I came home to find him lying on his bed with the chewed tube and a smile on his face. (The vet said he'd be fine except for a few tummy problems..... :-\) I've moved my stash to a more secure place now I know he can open drawers! He'd also chewed on something else, no doubt confusing it with a bone!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 11:24:56 PM by Sheanie »

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 06:38:24 AM »

:o was he  :scottie:ing a lot ;-)

Let us know how you get on.

Sheanie

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 09:19:33 AM »

You mean my dog CLKD? Mathias, who's a 3 legged, very loving, cheeky and charismatic greyhound, was absolutely fine. No apparent reaction whatsoever. Gave me a scare though and made me rethink 'security' for my, erm, precious items!  ;)

Re the original question.... I just got an email giving me 25% off YES products this week. Might be worth checking that out online. Use code: TREAT19
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:23:27 AM by Sheanie »

Bobidy

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 12:38:07 PM »

Thank you so much for the discount code Sheanie. I've finally got around to ordering the moisturiser and lubricant today and used the code you kindly posted and it still worked! Thanks again x