Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Long period at the start ????  (Read 702 times)

Katelou

• First Flush
Long period at the start ????
« on: October 15, 2019, 07:02:35 AM »

Hello lovely ladies,
Quick question when you start your peri menopause can you bleed for weeks and have cramps is this normal. Worried lady x thank you lovely ladies

Dotty

Re: Long period at the start ????
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:05:16 AM »

Hiya yes that's normal. Periods can get longer or shorter; heavier or lighter; more or less painful x

Katelou

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 09:41:26 AM »

Lovely ☹️☹️ Thank you, thus is all new to me and to be honest a bit scary xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 06:40:30 PM »

Hi Katelou

As Dotty said - all sorts of weird and wonderful bleeding or lack of it goes on at the start of peri-menopause and onwards towards menopause! However if anything about your bleeding concerns you then do consult your doctor. Are your cycles regular or irregular and have periods started getting further apart?

There is an article on this website about peri-menopause which explains something about what's going in in your body and why cycles begin to go wonky:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Try not to worry and concentrate on getting your body in the best possible shape for these coming years - re diet, exercise, body weight, alcohol, sleep, stress etc - if there is anything you need to change or improve.

Hurdity x

Katelou

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 09:52:58 PM »

Thank you for the reply and the link, I really appreciate it, my period has always been regular around the 28 days but in the last few months got really light then this month all of a sudden over a week late then spotting for about a week then a bit heavier (only slightly) now this is my 3rd week and I'm using tampons all day and the cramps I've had have been since 25th September????? I've been doctor and told her and she said without doing any tests I'm peri menopausal but just doesn't sit well with me. All my friends periods just stopped one day. Anyway thank you again for your support
Luv Kate

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 11:48:41 AM »

Similar thing has happened to me twice now, about a year apart. My periods have gotten lighter, but been regular. Twice  however, I have skipped a period and then experienced a longer period. Preceeded by 2-3 weeks of spotting. The last one was just now. Before this my last period was beginning of July.....

Katelou

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 04:58:29 AM »

Thank you for reply, I just feel it's never going to end. I'm going to get some iron at the weekend and soeak to the health shop.