Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Irritated and angry  (Read 1228 times)

Lisa1966

Irritated and angry
« on: October 12, 2019, 09:01:31 PM »

Hi all,was just wondering if anyone else has felt irritable,agitated and angry,when trying to reduce dose of hrt? Thanks

Tracey E

Re: Irritated and angry
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »

Hi all,was just wondering if anyone else has felt irritable,agitated and angry,when trying to reduce dose of hrt? Thanks

No I felt more irritable and angry on HRT, feel much better now I'm off it..

Nicola Winter

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 10:32:21 AM »

Hi, I've reduced from 3 pumps oestrogel down to 2 in the last week and found your post because I'm feeling really agitated! I hope it passes. It's not quite anxiety it's just really unsettling, plus my feet are all tingly and I feel insatiably hungry. I can't seem to maintain focus on anything and by the end of the day I feel exhausted. My HRT journey just seems like I swap one lot if unpleasant symptoms for another!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 11:30:55 AM »

Hi Nicola Winter - low blood sugar levels can cause nausea, irritation, anger: think of a toddler at lunch time who is screaming round the supermarket, he/she wants feeding: now!

In the 1990s I was advised by the National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome to eat every 3 hours: not to eat more but to spread my diet across the day/night.  It's worked for many years and now I recognise when my body is hungry.  I try to eat B4 my body needs a burst of energy to avoid the nausea and irritability.

Why did U reduce to 2 pumps?  How often did you use 3?  Sometimes the body is OK on 2 with the extra 3 occasionally, perhaps once/twice a week.  It's a bit Trial and Error to find something that suits, because the bodies own hormones are up and down.

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary?

Nicola Winter

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 01:19:09 PM »

I don't keep a diary of symptoms but I think I need to. The doctor made me go to 3 pumps before she would prescribe testosterone which I wanted for libido. The extra pump made my boobs sore and I put on a stone. I'm only 9.5 stone but feel fat round the middle, and I was bleeding heavily continuously. I did 3 pumps for 6 months or so. I'm still supposed to be on 3 pumps now, and to combat the bleeding I'm now on the mini pill (desogestrel) one a day, plus 100mg utrogestan every other day. The mini pill seemed to kill my libido and unsettle my sleep. Since reducing the oestrogel to 2 pumps my libido has returned but I now have this agitated anxious feeling, like I'm on high alert, and I can't focus. I work from home doing an admin job, as one of 3 jobs I do, and I just can't seem to get on with any work. I'm shattered by tea time, but then wake at 4am and I'm wide awake. Maybe more time on this regime might work out, I guess it's too early to tell. I wish I could find the right balance. Its all so confusing. Thank you for your response 🥰

Clovie

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 01:46:32 PM »

sorry, deleted as it was reply to wrong thread!  :D  Doh!!

Hope you feel better soon Lisa xx
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 01:48:08 PM by Clovie »

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 01:59:17 PM »

I wonder how much knowledge regarding HRT regimes your GP actually has?  To my knowledge a GP cannot prescribe Testosterone without advice from a dedicated menopause clinic. It is used off list for women although many do require it.

6 months of 3 pumps seems a long while to trial any changes  :-\ .  So your GP has prescribed another medication to combat the bodies reaction to 3 extra pumps, instead of trialling a drop in dose?   :-\ - mayB ask for a referral to an NHS Menopause Clinic, not a gynae.?  There are waiting lists so the sooner you get a referral the better, U can always cancel if your symptoms improve.

It may be that you need half an extra pump a few times a week rather than 3? 

Let us know how you get on. 

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 01:59:30 PM »

Clovie - we have a thread, doing stupid things  ;)

Clovie

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 02:02:43 PM »

Clovie - we have a thread, doing stupid things  ;)

;D ;D ;D xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023, 02:26:05 PM »

:lol: