Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Do palpitations stop when a mirena coil was fitted ?  (Read 1618 times)

Ruby10

Do palpitations stop when a mirena coil was fitted ?
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:01:04 AM »

I am current on Everol sequi patches . Has anyone found that having the mirena coil has helped with the heart palpitations more than just on patches ? I am going to have the coil fitted soon and wanted to know what symptoms it has helped with . The palpitations seem to have got worse while on the patches so I have had the estrogen ones upped to 100 but I still get them bad especially on the progesterone part of the patches .
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:03:27 AM by Ruby10 »

KiltedCupid

Re: Do palpitations stop when a mirena coil was fitted ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 09:10:11 AM »

Hi Ruby10 - the Mirena gave me palpitations as did evorel conti. I think it's because the prog is testosterone based. I'm ok on half fem7 patch but any higher and the palps start again. Sorry it's not a positive story but it might help you work out what's causing what. Don't forget though, the Mirena reduces in intensity the longer it's in so the palps might reduce after a few months.

Tracey E

Re: Do palpitations stop when a mirena coil was fitted ?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 06:40:46 PM »

Every HRT I've tried has caused palpitations, I now realise it was the Estrodrial and not the progesterone that was the issue. Kept changing the prog and it made no difference at all. And when I went on just Estrogel for 21 days without the prog they were just as bad as ever. They are just starting to subside and I'm 4 weeks off HRT. I've taken up daily yoga and feel so much better. :)