Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 22, menopausal, looking for opinions/experiences???  (Read 916 times)

natal97

22, menopausal, looking for opinions/experiences???
« on: October 10, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »

Hi everyone! My first post on this forum :) I'm 22 years old and have recently become menopausal due to having my ovaries surgically removed. My consultant wants me on a higher dose of HRT than I'm currently on (evorel sequi 50) but the higher does doesn't come in this patch! I need to be on combined as I still have my womb and uterus. Please could you let me know if any of you use/have the following HRT and how you find them/ have any problems with them!! My options are:
-oestrogen patch with mirena coil acting as my progesterone. My only concern with this is that I was told after my surgery I need to have a period to keep my womb “alive”. With the mirena coil I am told to expect spotting only?
-oestrogen only patch and take progesterone tablets in the last 12-14 days of the 28 day cycle
-double up on patches (I.e. wear two patches at once so I'm getting the proper dose)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 04:45:48 PM by natal97 »

Butterfly22

Re: 22, menopausal, looking for opinions/experiences???
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 06:26:29 PM »

Hi I'm sorry to hear this, I can relate as I was 25. I've probs been on every HRT and atm I'm on patches and progesterone, which I'm doing ok with no hot flushes, night sweats and seem to help with energy.
But there seems to be a problem getting all patches atm not sure why.
My advice would be read up on the different types and see what you think, then I'd say trial and error. As your so young I think patches is weather you want to wear them for a long time.
This group has helped me so much so ANY questions or help or support just ask.
Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:40:25 PM »

:welcomemm:  have a look-see at the Daisy web-site too, for ladies with premature menopause. 

Has your Consultant recommended a scan of the womb to check the lining prior to any HRT treatment? So that you have a base-line on which to work.  You won't have a period per se without ovaries but a chemical bleed may be spotting or as your are more used to.  It's a bit Trail and Error sometimes  ::)

natal97

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 01:29:39 PM »

Hi I'm sorry to hear this, I can relate as I was 25. I've probs been on every HRT and atm I'm on patches and progesterone, which I'm doing ok with no hot flushes, night sweats and seem to help with energy.
But there seems to be a problem getting all patches atm not sure why.
My advice would be read up on the different types and see what you think, then I'd say trial and error. As your so young I think patches is weather you want to wear them for a long time.
This group has helped me so much so ANY questions or help or support just ask.
Xx

How are you getting your progestone? Is that by patches too? Experienced the problem with the patches it's a nightmare  :-\
That's my issue, I feel like having the patch sort of restricts your activity as I'm always worried in case it falls off!
Thanks so much! xx

natal97

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »

CLKD..

Thanks will have a look on there never heard of that website!

No she hasn't actually I never thought about that I'll mention that to my GP and see what they say! I've been having bleeds since I started my evorel sequi patches. I understand what you mean by trial and error - sometimes it's a bit worrying I think though incase you do too much damage  :o is that a thing or I am overthinking the whole thing haha?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 02:42:16 PM »

You are facing the issue head on.  My attitude is if you don't ask what niggles you, you won't get answers which may take time.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use to chart progress.  Do look at the threads on Vaginal Atrophy too.

Ask away.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »

How are you getting your progestone? Is that by patches too? Experienced the problem with the patches it's a nightmare  :-\
That's my issue, I feel like having the patch sort of restricts your activity as I'm always worried in case it falls off!
Thanks so much! xx
[/quote]

I'm in surgical menopause and my dr put me on patches Everol 100, they don't usually fall off mine are very sticky, if anything I sometimes struggle to remove them! I swim with them, they have never become lose or come off!