Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What the heck is my body doing  (Read 10410 times)

KiltedCupid

Re: What the heck is my body doing
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2019, 07:31:23 PM »

Thank you Ladybt28, that was my understanding. Perhaps there needs to be a change in the details as listed on the treatments section of the forum in order that ladies are fully informed and can consult their docs accordingly, particularly if they're struggling with Utro.

TC - thank-you too.

Hurdity

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »

Thanks kiltedcupid.
Thanks for the tips and for the link hurdity. I'm going to look into it.
Have you gone to 100 utrogestan whilst still on the cycle? I know you were having some problems with it. Hope you find it works better for you.

I started the utro 100 vaginally 3 nights ago. I've already had a migraine and my mood has taken a dip. I'm going to be on it conti now. So I'm hoping the migraines will settle as they did last time on conti. 

I still havent got a date for mirena fitting. It's in my wardrobe!! They gave it to me at my appt . It mustve shown on my face when I saw the size of the box. The pharmasist said "dont panic, it's not that big" :)
They insisted its fitted at C and W. so my mirena will have done a full circuit of the district line by the time its fitted.

Xxxx

Thanks Tc yes I have. I had shortened my cycle to 5-ish weeks so only a bit longer than the normal 4 week one - so figured that 12 days vag at 100 mg might be plenty. I have recently had a scan after all my varied cycles ( before changing to 100 mg) due to occasional spotting before time - but it was very low approx 4.7 mm so I figured reducing the prog would probably be fine if I shortened my cycle. My GP is very good in referring me for scan if ever I get spotting., and I have had a couple of private ones through Ultrasound direct. She pretty much gives me free rein to do what I like within reason as she knows I know my body (over years of experimentation and results from scans).

How are you feeling on the conti utro now? Hopefully no migrainea?

I can definitely say I don't feel as bad on it (100 mg) as with 200 mg - well not this cycle anyway. The foggy head just wasn't so intense. I had a day of headache on the 12th day which I thought was going to be a migraine but took a Sumatriptan and it didn't come back. However I have never taken it longer than 12 days so no idea how I would feel after this point.

Thank you Ladybt28, that was my understanding. Perhaps there needs to be a change in the details as listed on the treatments section of the forum in order that ladies are fully informed and can consult their docs accordingly, particularly if they're struggling with Utro.

TC - thank-you too.

No change in details are needed because there has been no change in UK licensing for utrogestan and this is what is put into the treatments section. I don't think MM recommends off-licence treatments.  Often there are enquiries about vag utro on here so that's where women get their info from - posts on here and other forums referring either to their gynaes' recommendations or the studies which investigate efficacy of some of these off-licence regimes.

Hurdity x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2019, 09:47:31 AM »

So it's do as I say, not as I do if you can't afford a private gynae/consultant/scans or don't have an enlightened gp?

Seems unfair and terribly undemocratic.

My point was that on the treatments section a note could be added to explain that off licence use can be discussed with your gp if you find the licensed dose onerous. Not all women read all posts.

Hurdity

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »

So it's do as I say, not as I do if you can't afford a private gynae/consultant/scans or don't have an enlightened gp?

Seems unfair and terribly undemocratic.

My point was that on the treatments section a note could be added to explain that off licence use can be discussed with your gp if you find the licensed dose onerous. Not all women read all posts.

I don't really understand what you're saying kilted cupid? Do as who says? I was just reporting what I understand happens on here having been a member for nearly 10 years. It is run by an NHS gynaecologist. I presume this is why off-lceince regimes are not usually recommended because these need supervision which NHS GPs may not be able to provide. Websites run by private GPs may well say different things and advise off-licence regimes. That's not to say that this site can't provide such info. Why don't you write to Emma and suggest it and she could pass on to Dr Currie.  Of course more info should be available but I'm not sure it would be provided on this site - but worth a try definitely! We might be surprised. That is the great value of this forum so that we can educate ourselves and each other and be empowered to go to our GPs and challenge them if necessary. Unfortunately we can't make GPs prescribe off-licence regimes although with Utrogestan for example since it's the same product, if it is used vaginally rather than orally – how would they know?

What's undemocratic and unfair? For me it is unfair that the best possible treatment using the most up to date information, and tailored treatment with regular monitoring and scans - is only available to the few who can afford it (ie private treatment)! if this is what you're saying then I agree and have always said so!!

Tc - apologies for going off tack here but sometimes other posts stimulate a response and go off on a bit of a tangent!

Hurdity x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2019, 10:24:02 AM »

Apologies too TC.

I'll respond to hurdily on another thread.

Tc

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »

No worries at all ladies. No apologies needed.conversations take twists and turns and that's fine by me. It's all relevant to HRT. Xxxx

Tc

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2019, 08:41:48 PM »

It's not going well. 2 weeks on sandrena. Depression and anxiety just dropped on my like a big black blanket over last couple of days.  I ve been on utro 100mg for 9 days but I dont think it's that. The last couple of months my mood and anxiety was so much better even during the P.
My levels werent good on the patch but maybe that aspect had settled as I felt I was coming out of the woods in that respect. 2 x 100 patch is far more than 2mg sandrena. I'm thinking it's a drop in E which in could I'll afford as I'm brain foggy, crying, Va is bad hot flushes , dry all over and my energy level is on the floor. I've got that horrible not comfortable in my own body feeling.

Doc said I could increase after 4 to 6 weeks. I know it's a knee jerk reaction but I cant afford for this to set back in. And I'm panicking wanting to increase. I dont know if things might settle if I wait but they havent before. When I felt like this it just got worse and worse. It's happened so suddenly and the drop in mood is severe. I havent been out all weekend and today I was walking round in a daze 

I'm scared it will get as bad as it did before xxx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]