Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: What the heck is my body doing  (Read 10411 times)

Tc

Re: What the heck is my body doing
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »

Soz. I thought you meant the gp had sent it.  Sounds,like the meno clinic are thinking gp can do it.  Is there  another meno clinic in your area GP could refer you to?

Ladybt28

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »

Well they know fine rightly that the GP can't do a scan of my womb and the GP asked for that in her letter?  No they were adamant that they didn't need to test anything, scan anything or see me in the letter because, "I wasn't having any issues".
and no there is only one Meno clinic in the whole of NI  :(

Tc

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2019, 06:46:21 PM »

Oh crikey. So sorry lady. Maybe it's different there but my scan was ordered by my GP. I thought maybe they were passing the buck back to gp but if the gp cant order a scan then that's blinking ridiculous of the meno clinicaaarggghh!!!

Ladybt28

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2019, 09:00:41 PM »

aaarrrgh! is about right.  I suppose I either wait till I have issues, or pay privately but the thing that is going to really stick in the craw is that the meno consultant that I will see privately is the one at the meno clinic - we only have one! or just try and forget about the whole thing! I mean why should I think I need checking??? ::)

Tc

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2019, 10:03:25 PM »

Wow. Bad Breast pain. I went to bed early and have had to get up and take painkillers. 3 days on sandrena. My breasts look huge and feel lumpy worse on left side than right as it was when I upped patch from 200 to 250. It went away at that time when I lowered back to 200.

But this pain is worse  left side going under armpit so I cant put my arm by my side. I can now  feel  with my fingers the cysts I had there in my early 40s which were not removed at the time as they were deemed to be hormonal after scan. But those cysts  are painfull as heck right now. Oh dear. Not going to get comfortable tonight  and only day 3 on the gel. I hope its temporary.
X

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:15:14 PM by Tc »

Jeepers

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 06:07:08 AM »

Hi TC

Sorry to hear you were feeling so rough last night, I hope you eventually managed to get some sleep?  Hopefully the pain and lumpiness will settle down. I had the same thing when I upped my oestrogel, so much so, that my meno Dr sent me for a breast scan, convinced I had cysts, but it was just healthy breast tissue!  It did settle down eventually, without me lowering back down (I think without that scan I would have gone back down out of fear!).

Jeepers xx

Tc

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2019, 12:25:21 PM »

Thanks jeeps. I feel realy pre menstrual. Must be the change over fo  gel. Reassuring to hear you didnt have to Lower and it went away.

Much love xxxx

bear

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »

Hi Tc,

So sorry to hear you're having bad side effects. I guess you have tried all HRT range by now? So unfair. I hate bras but I had to wear them non stop when I had breast and armpit pain during perimenopause, it helped a bit. Borage seed oil has helped as well. I hope the pain will go as your body adjusts to the gel.

BeaR.

Tc

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »

Thanks BearR.  The pain has eased quite a bit in the last couple days. Given that  I had painful breast cysts which the breast clinic said were hormonal. I dont suppose it's a surprise that a change in HRT  could cause it to flare.  On the plus side I certainly havent felt any sort of dip on the sandrena.as yet which is good considering I went from 2 x 100 patches.

Thanks for the tip about the borage seed oil. I will check it out. 
 Xxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2019, 08:13:28 PM »

Sorry to hear about the breast pain Tc - I get this often on the prog part of my cycle ( although not so much now I have reduced to 100 mg for a trial period  ::) ). I have lumpy breasts too and have had milk lumps and mastitis ( when breast-feeding) and also a fibroAdenoma.  However could this be a good sign actually (the sore boobs)- meaning that finally you are absorbing more oestrogen?

I do hope so - and especially now the pain has eased!

There is some information about starflower oil ( which is what borage see oil is) and evening primrose oil (EPO) - and breast pain here:
https://www.ruh.nhs.uk/patients/services/breast_unit/common_problems/mastalgia.asp?menu_id=12

It (EPO) used to be prescribed on NHS for breast pain (and I was given this too many years ago) but then NHS removed authorisation due to lack of clinical evidence proving efficacy. Nevertheless as it says on here: "Clinical studies have failed to prove its effectiveness conclusively and some experts feel that it is no more effective than a placebo. However, it is a harmless and well tolerated drug and has few side effects so that it is a quite reasonable step to take in the first instance to see if benefit can be achieved." so if the pain persists there is no harm in giving it a try. Good luck! :)

Hurdity x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2019, 08:27:42 PM »

TC - I found Sandrena more potent than oestrogel and patches. Hopefully this will work in your favour and the breast pain will ease when you settle into the new regime.

Tc

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »

Thanks kiltedcupid.
Thanks for the tips and for the link hurdity. I'm going to look into it.
Have you gone to 100 utrogestan whilst still on the cycle? I know you were having some problems with it. Hope you find it works better for you.

I started the utro 100 vaginally 3 nights ago. I've already had a migraine and my mood has taken a dip. I'm going to be on it conti now. So I'm hoping the migraines will settle as they did last time on conti. 

I still havent got a date for mirena fitting. It's in my wardrobe!! They gave it to me at my appt . It mustve shown on my face when I saw the size of the box. The pharmasist said "dont panic, it's not that big" :)
They insisted its fitted at C and W. so my mirena will have done a full circuit of the district line by the time its fitted.

Xxxx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »

I'm a bit confused... doesnt take much though. You mentioned 100 utrogestan on a cycle? Is that approved now?

Ladybt28

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2019, 01:01:19 PM »

Only with supervision really KitedCupid.  Regular scans required.  Some consultants will recommend if women are having problems.

Tc

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »

I was on 200mg when on a cycle. I'm on 100 conti now.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6