Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tibolone withdrawal  (Read 7117 times)

Macca65

Tibolone withdrawal
« on: October 09, 2019, 03:46:15 PM »

Hi everyone,
As I posted before , my tibolone is no longer working after 9 months and my meno symptoms are all back only less severe.
I think I'm going to try to wean myself and see how I go.
Anyone else done this?
Thought I'd have a week of alternate tablets then a week of a tablet every three and see how I cope .
Anyone done this?
Be good to hear some good news?!🤞🏻

jaycee

Re: Tibolone withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 04:26:17 PM »

I just stopped mine and felt no different, but not as tired for some reason

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 08:14:11 PM »

I just stopped after 18 months because of post meno bleeding.  No withdrawal, just a rapid return of hot flushes.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 09:20:51 PM »

I also just stopped cold turkey as the progesterone element was overwhelming. No withdrawal problems.

Alicess

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 07:07:53 AM »

I also felt the progestogenic part was to much. I wonder if a bit of estrogen alongside would help. Someone else on this forum did that I believe.
Tibolone has only weak estrogenic activity.
No withdrawal symptoms for me either. Depression, tiredness and joint pain went away after I stopped.

Macca65

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 09:27:54 AM »

Thanks for your input.
I've had yet another migrane with aura this morning so I've decided to go cold turkey as if tomorrow.🤞🏻
I'll keep you posted.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »

I imagine you'll be fine Maca, if not better. Sounds like it's not suiting you.

Alicess - my gynae said I could add a pump of gel or double the tib if necessary. No chance on doubling, I'd need to be stretchered everywhere!

Alicess

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 10:20:34 AM »

KiltedCupid, I don't know what stretchered means? Not a native English speaker😊 If you respond mostly to the progesterone part, like me I guess, doubling the dosage will probably only give you more of the progesterone, don't you think?  I've tried it too, doubling, but it didn't make any difference.
Did you try adding the Estrogel?

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »

Yes tibolone made me feel really tired and lethargic and bad joint pain which eased when I stopped.  I just use local hrt now, ovestin, alternate nights.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 03:43:02 PM »

KiltedCupid, I don't know what stretchered means? Not a native English speaker😊 If you respond mostly to the progesterone part, like me I guess, doubling the dosage will probably only give you more of the progesterone, don't you think?  I've tried it too, doubling, but it didn't make any difference.
Did you try adding the Estrogel?

Sorry Alicess - stretchered means carried around everywhere like your comatose on a stretcher. A stretcher was something used in U.K. before gurneys, to carry people to hospital/ambulance when they're incapable. I did try Oestrogel but I don't absorb it well so it didn't work. I don't like the idea of adding more oestrogen to counteract the prog element in any hrt regime, it seems like your chasing one drug with another and I was so muddled on tib, no amount of oestrogen would have helped.

Alicess

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 04:28:49 PM »

I understand; Tibolone kind of floored you, I know the feeling. You did well on BC I believe? Is there a reason you didn't get back on them?

KiltedCupid

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »

I understand; Tibolone kind of floored you, I know the feeling. You did well on BC I believe? Is there a reason you didn't get back on them?

I would if I could as I never had any problems but now 57 so, NO WAY!

Alicess

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »

That's difficult for you. There should be more options for women who don't do well on bio-dentical hormones like very low dose synthetic hormones. And women should be able to make there own choice. But that's different discussion all together.

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »

I also felt the progestogenic part was to much. I wonder if a bit of estrogen alongside would help. Someone else on this forum did that I believe.
No withdrawal symptoms for me either. Depression, tiredness and joint pain went away after I stopped.

It's not a good idea to take extra oestrogen with Tibolone - it's not designed for that. Even Tibolone alone can cause endometrial thickening as one of the side effects. This was the main reason I decided not to take it - before I (originally - just the once) went privately to get testosterone - because of the increased rsik of endometrial hyperplasia (I read the detailed product info and preliminary studies).

Alicess - my gynae said I could add a pump of gel or double the tib if necessary. No chance on doubling, I'd need to be stretchered everywhere!

Gynaes say all sort of things but not necessarily the safest . Some off licence prescribing is based on sound scientific info - like vaginal use of utrogestan, but other prescriptions are more risky (eg Studd and his 7 day prog...), so not to be tried unless under proper supervision. One of the doses of Tibolone that was trialled was in fact a double dose so I recall, but there was definitely an increased incidence of bleeding on that dose and possibly also endometrial thickening hence the ?2.5 mg or whatever it is being chosen as the optimal dose. Can't remember the exact details but that's the gist!

Wouldn't want anyone to think it was OK to start gaily squirting gel along with tibolone!

Macca65 - sorry to hear this - I hope you will be able to try another product to alleviate your symptoms?

Hurdity x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 07:37:42 PM »

It's not a good idea to take extra oestrogen with Tibolone - it's not designed for that. Even Tibolone alone can cause endometrial thickening as one of the side effects. This was the main reason I decided not to take it - before I (originally - just the once) went privately to get testosterone - because of the increased rsik of endometrial hyperplasia (I read the detailed product info and preliminary studies).

Gynaes say all sort of things but not necessarily the safest . Some off licence prescribing is based on sound scientific info - like vaginal use of utrogestan, but other prescriptions are more risky (eg Studd and his 7 day prog...), so not to be tried unless under proper supervision. One of the doses of Tibolone that was trialled was in fact a double dose so I recall, but there was definitely an increased incidence of bleeding on that dose and possibly also endometrial thickening hence the ?2.5 mg or whatever it is being chosen as the optimal dose. Can't remember the exact details but that's the gist!

Wouldn't want anyone to think it was OK to start gaily squirting gel along with tibolone!

Macca65 - sorry to hear this - I hope you will be able to try another product to alleviate your symptoms?

Hurdity x

I didn't advocate anyone trying it without their gynae/doc support. I was discussing what my gynae, a consultant with, ooh, around 30 years of medical experience in the field of gynaecology told and prescribed me, I presume he is probably quite well informed.

As is Studd.
Pages: [1] 2