Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Acne / Evorel SequiAny advice please???  (Read 3776 times)

Harebell

Acne / Evorel SequiAny advice please???
« on: August 21, 2019, 07:36:29 AM »

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help me. Feeling lost in the dark again. I've been on evorel Sequi patches for 4 months now, previously on femeston 1/10.
I felt better to begin with on patches but this last month or so I have acne around my chin area. It's really getting me down. I didn't have this problem on femeston. For that matter I have never had acne in my life!
I have also been feeling sort of flushes/heat/ sweating coming back through just during the day. I'm ok at night and can sleep thank goodness.
I have a new granddaughter living close by and have been very involved with that and thought perhaps lots of visitors and the heat may have been to blame. Quite stressful all in all, however lovely.
I was prescribed femseven but had to have evorel instead as that was unavailable.
Does anybody have any ideas/options for me as I don't think I can put up with acne in my life at this stage!!

Harebell 💙

Jo2204

Re: Acne / Evorel SequiAny advice please???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 01:25:54 PM »

Hi Harabell

I'm Joanna I have POF.
I also had problem with acne on evorel patches my acne was the worse on it. Boils under skin very painful around my chin area -I was on evorel only as I have utrogestan as a progesterone.
I started regime with cleansing skin with good scrub I use St Ives apricot scrub and face mask Indian healing clay with organic apple cider vinegar twice a week ! that helps me during winter. Summer and Spring time a try to catch some sun on my face is better for it and I don't have any major outbreaks. Also I use organic cosmetics like face cream, cleanser etc.

Unfortunately i still haven't find right HRT for myself so I'm not sure my acne was caused by HRT or low hormonal levels.

Regards
Jo

onion relish

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 03:18:54 PM »

Aha! I had this, too.

Are they soft, easy-to-pop spots and blackheads or the really hard, never-come-to-a head type that are painful to boot?

If they're the soft ones try The Ordinary's Salicylic Acid. If they're the hard ones a dab of Alpha H's Liquid Gold will soften them up and allow them to heal (or allow you to pop them, depending on how inclined to popping you are). I was amazed at how quickly the LG worked. I dab every day as soon as I feel the lump coming. If I've caught it quick enough it never comes up. But I'm a popper so to have the relief of one of these popping instead of painfully hanging around has been amazing. 

You can use Alpha H all over - it's great for our age as it's a really gentle exfoliator that unglues the sticky bonds holding the top layer on the skin. You'll get a glow back with this stuff.

If you buy from Deciem.com direct (the salicylic acid), you will have the option to return if you don't get on with it. If you want to try Liquid Gold with the option of a return QVC will be your best bet.

Give either of these a few weeks to work, though (QVC's returns are 30 days).

You'll also need to use a spf while using these (you should anyway but any exfoliated skin is more prone to sun damage).

If you'd rather go the GP route I found Dalacin Lotion works.

Harebell

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 12:27:45 PM »

Thanks Jo2204 and onion relish for your replies.  I may give those a try. I have been using freederm and sudocrem. I still have a couple of areas on my face that keep popping up. Little blistery spots with fluid if you pop them.
I'm not sure I'm on the right hrt either. I would like to try femseven if it comes back in stock. Otherwise I have been thinking about a mirena.

Harebell 💙

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 06:48:15 PM »

Evorol gave me acne to, it really got me down so changed hrt in the end xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 07:39:19 PM »

Hi Harebell - sorry to hear this.

The progestogen in Evorel sequi is testosterone derived so may be more likely to cause androgenic effects in some women (compared with the one in Femoston which is very similar to our own progesterone. See the link here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php . Therefore this could be the reason for your acne.

Also the increase in flushes/sweats may mean you are not absorbing the oestrogen quite so well as when on the tablets. Why not go bacl to Femoston or was there a reason to change to patches?

Otherwise then your choice is to have a separate patch (oestrogen only) at a higher dose than the combi patch ( 75 mcg), with a separate progestogen - Provera or utrogestan.

Hurdity x

Harebell

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 07:12:00 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Thanks for your reply.

Just wondered if it's normal to have had sore breasts which have increased in size, just this last week which is my second week of oestrogen only (evorel sequi)
I've been on evorel for about 5 months now.

Could I now have oestrogen dominance. Perhaps my own hormones are still up and down? I am 54. I thought about  cutting the patches in half when I get this feeling. I am due to start  the conti patches in the morning but just feel a bit overloaded.

Thank you in advance I appreciate your advice.

Harebell 💙