Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help worried sick.  (Read 2270 times)

QueenofReds3

Help worried sick.
« on: October 09, 2019, 06:57:56 AM »

Hello
I am beside myself with worry and need advice please.
I have had for the last week, tender breasts and feeling fatigued and achy.
Yesterday  I noticed that I am bleeding, very light pinky blood. I am post menopausal and have not had a period for over two years so this has come as a bit of a shock!
I phoned the docs and they cannot fit me in until Monday. I can ring on the day but I have to go to work and just started a new job so cannot just take time out as wont look too good.
I am on HRT Femoston Conti. I was awake all night thinking I have something awful, I have anxiety issues but this has just escalated to a new level.
Any advice? Xx

Jeepers

Re: Help worried sick.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 07:07:56 AM »

Hi qor

Sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time. It is scary, but often there is a simple explanation. Can I ask how long you have been on your HRT?

Sending you positive vibes

Jeepers xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 07:12:45 AM »

Morning Jeepers, Thankyou for your reply.
I have been on HRT since May this year, I thought it was July but checked diary, how time flies! Xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »

Jaypo thank you for your reassuring post. It does help being on this forum and knowing you lovely ladies are there.
I have done some calming mediation before I go to work and luckily work will keep me busy so my mind cannot wonder.  ::)

Jeepers

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:11:27 AM »

Wise words from jaypo, I think most of us have had similar at some point or another.

I'm by no means an expert, but it's well documented that you can get some bleeding within the first 6 months of any hrt regime.  I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to explain this more fully. Hope you feel calmer now.  :)

Best wishes

Jeepers xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 06:55:41 AM »

Thank you Birdy. I am feeling a lot calmer now , it is such a roller coaster this meno lark! Sending love to you all. Xx

QueenofReds3

Re: Help worried sick. Update.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 08:58:18 AM »

Hello
Well just had my docs appointment to put my mind at rest. Being sent for a scan to eliminate anything untoward ( docs words ). Feeling even more anxious than ever, this is because I have had numerous scans and a hysteroscopy ( not sure if that is spelled correctly!  ) so should no what to expect. I am not coping very well with it all at the moment, so fed up. Sorry to rant.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »

Hi QueenofReds3.
I'm on femoston conti too, and I had bleeding too when I first started on it...I had to have a scan, but nothing was found. ...thankfully. ...sore boobs too, I think it's just the hrt getting into our systems. I also had bleeding after sex aswell, which totally freaked me out, which I have to say was the worst, the pain was terrible, but now, after about 20 months or so, on the Femoston, everything's fine...( touches wood) ...I know it's worrying, and sends our anxiety into over drive, but try not to,( easier said than done,) I know, but hopefully you'll be fine......let us know how your getting on and how the scan went....xxx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »

Hi Jillydoll
Thank you for your reply. I told myself it was nothing to worry about and searched around and saw other ladies had similar experiences. I know I should not worry about it but I had a nasty experience with the hospital I am going to have the scan at which was a colposcopy after a abnormal cervical smear result. It has scarred me ever since. Luckily I think the gynaecologist who performed the op is no longer there . I had the the other op at a different hospital as we moved which although not pleasant went without any hitches. I am now back to my old home town .
Can I ask jillydoll are you post menopausal? I am not sure if I want to stay on HRT but one thing at a time. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 10:21:15 AM »

What's the worst that could happen?

It's the waiting that got to me whilst going through treatment, once I was in the flow I couldn't do any more  ::)

Your GP isn't worried enough to phone for an immediate appt.  ;)

QueenofReds3

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »

Thanks CLKD
You are right there is not a lot more I can do until I have the scan. Gone for a lovely but a little damp dog walk to keep my mind off it all. 😊

Birdy, thank you for your post . I too have had lots of scans so know the procedure well . I am worrying about something that might be horrible as the doctor mentioned the C word . I have got to stop worrying but I am a worrier 😔 I think a bun is in order feel a bit shaky . Xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 11:45:10 AM »

No other reasons Birdy. I have to control the anxiety for my own good I know. X

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »

get that  :cupcake: and a cuppa to hand

Are you afraid of pain?  I had very little when I underwent surgery, 3 times ......... pain relief was discussed and sorted!

Was it wet on your  :scottie:

If you need to focus your mind, get your stuff sorted - make a list of your worries too to discuss at the appt.?

QueenofReds3

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 12:34:27 PM »

No not scared of pain CLKD. It's procedures as mentioned re the colposcopy , I lost a lot of blood. But I am here to tell the tale. I have had the hospital phone to make the appointment already! Only saw the doctor this morning. Now where's the chocolate ;) xx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 12:37:42 PM »

You are not having my last Rollo  ;D

I have half a bottle of 'coke' you can share ;-)

Let us know how you get on.
Pages: [1] 2