Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: How many pumps of gel is usual in peri?  (Read 657 times)

Bobidy

How many pumps of gel is usual in peri?
« on: October 06, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »

Hi

Are larger doses of oestrogen (4 pumps of estrogel) generally needed when you are younger and in peri as opposed to older and post meno?

I'm 45 in peri with a recent hysterectomy retaining ovaries.

I started on 1 pump of estrogel building up half a pump at a time to 3.5 pumps within 5 months. I feel okay on this but wonder whether I could feel better on 4 pumps.

I don't get night sweats or raging hot flushes so can't use that as a yard stick to measure ample dose against.

Thanks x

Dotty

Re: How many pumps of gel is usual in peri?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:20:59 AM »

It's whatever dose is needed to keep your symptoms away.

I'm 55 and 5 years post meno and I use4 pumps. I've been on this dose for nearly 2 years now . X

PeriPagan

Re: How many pumps of gel is usual in peri?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 08:38:49 AM »

Hi Bobidy,

I've just been put up to 4 pumps a day, though I've just dropped myself down to 3 as the side effects were hellish! I'll let that settle and then go up to 4.

There are peeps on here who are on 4, 5, 6 pumps a day; pumps and patches, all sorts of combinations.

It is generally thought that younger women (I'm 42 and have been peri for nearly 5 years) need higher doses but that like all things its highly individual.

I though I was going to be OK on 2 pumps but my body plateaued and then slid back into low oestrogen freak out mode very quickly so more oestrogen needed!