Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: vagifem side effects?  (Read 816 times)

salmo

• First Flush
vagifem side effects?
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:06:24 AM »

I had a small amount of bleeding and my dr prescribed vagifem after an internal examination came back clear. I took the 13th tablet on tueday night and woke on up wednesday morning with itchy hands. I initially put this down to hand braces I wear at night due to carpal tunnel but then found that the bottom of my feet were itching and the pubic area too . on and off.  I went to bed and had severe stomach cramps all night with severe wind . Sometimes the pain reached my throat and face. Yesterday morning wasn't too bad as the stomach pain and wind gradually improved and the itching was quite mild. But once I got home from work and sat down the itching returned with a vengence and it drove me crazy especially in the base of my feet. I've tried all sorts of creams that we have at home but none of them have helped. The itching eased overnight but it feels like it may be starting up again now. I have taken vagifem before, a couple of years ago with no ill effects so am still have wondering if there is something else causing these symptoms.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:29:29 AM by salmo »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: vagifem side effects?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 11:45:38 AM »

HORMONES!  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out - 4 me it was across my shoulders after a bath like I hadn't dried properly and DH would scratch gently.  Also my insteps, OK all day until I take off socks and step into the bath. Vaginal atrophy presented as repeated urine infection-type symptoms but urine tests returned with no infection, my GP prescribed 'ovestin' which works for me.  It was like razor blades up there  :o

Carpal Tunnel syndrome is common in pregnancy so definitely hormonal. 

Whatsupwiththis

Re: vagifem side effects?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:28:06 PM »

Hi.  As CLKD mentioned HORMONES... it takes time with Vagifem.  Initially I had stomach cramps and constantly 'tooting'.  The side effects will dissipate over time.  I am in month 4 with Vagifem and still dry and sore but getting better every day. Hang in there.  It does get better.