Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estradot to Estraderm - anyone tried these patches (Estraderm!)?  (Read 8688 times)

Hurdity

Re: Estradot to Estraderm - anyone tried these patches (Estraderm!)?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 07:58:49 AM »

I've used patches for 12 + years. A year ago or so I thought I would try the gel out of interest and for a change, and tried Sandrena but flushes returned within a month so rather than fiddle about with dosage at my age and stage I thought I would stick (!) with the brand and mode of delivery that ensured I remained flush-free even at the ripe old age of mid 60's!! Sandrena also took a long time to dry. I have never tried Oestrogel but probably won't now at this stage.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 02:02:03 PM »

Well! B**** thing came off didn't it!

I had this patch on for 36 hours and was removing clothes last night and the whole thing just snapped off ie came away from my skin in one go - not gradually coming unpleeled or anything like that, just straight off. I stuck it back on with the aid of hairdryer to warm the glue but this morning in shower it came off completely so had to replace. I must admit - respect to anyone who has managed to use these for any length of time! The sooner I can get back to my beloved little Estradot the better!

On the plus side - I'm feeling absolutely fine - no sign of flushes yet so probably absorbing despite it not sticking well to my skin for the duration...

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »

Hi ladies

Well my appointment at my GP today was a complete disaster! She wouldn't perscribe the testosterone as she said she dosent know enough about it and dosage so will need to wait for menopause to perscribe . Explained about my obsorbtion on the gel not being great and that I swapped to estradot patch 75 and suffered horrific boob pain so had to go back to gel but my GP wants me to go back to 75 patch as I'm not obsorbing the gel well but guess what chemist out of stock with all suppliers Including the 50 patch so I refuse to try any other patch so guess I'm stuck with the gel and yes can increase to 3 pumps but as this makes my aniexty through the roof and irritable should I try it with 100mg progesterone would this help ? Also is 100mg progesterone enough for three pumps taken continuously ?

Butterfly22

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »

Well! B**** thing came off didn't it!

I had this patch on for 36 hours and was removing clothes last night and the whole thing just snapped off ie came away from my skin in one go - not gradually coming unpleeled or anything like that, just straight off. I stuck it back on with the aid of hairdryer to warm the glue but this morning in shower it came off completely so had to replace. I must admit - respect to anyone who has managed to use these for any length of time! The sooner I can get back to my beloved little Estradot the better!

On the plus side - I'm feeling absolutely fine - no sign of flushes yet so probably absorbing despite it not sticking well to my skin for the duration...

Hurdity x

I've never had trouble with these sticking until about four months ago, so weird!
I do find make sure I'm not to hot/cold and put somewhere My skin doesn't move much.
They are a pain but they help, mind I'm thinking 20 more years of this! I guess I'll do it if I'm ok 😘xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 07:00:47 PM »

Butterfly22 - maybe it's something to do with my ancient skin then - it's too loose and floppy (yuk!). Patches not designed for oldies like me  ;D

Sammiejane - I would post your question on one of your own threads with a relevant title or start a new one as it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread!

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 07:14:26 PM »

Haha no it's not! Honestly they have gone bad at sticking recently x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 09:50:20 PM »

I've got and use estraderm no problem. They seem to run out more quickly than evorel for me but I just replace them more often. I wipe the skin with Isopropyl Alcohol before applying and they stick well.

hotmama

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »

In Tenerife and got my Estradot patches no problem. Cost a shedload of euros but worth it. I'm very lucky that I was coming here anyway.

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 05:54:34 PM »

Well I've now been using these for two months and as reported on another thread they are now predictably in short supply as all the Evorel and Estradot users have switched to them. I am getting used to them although it is a fine art - I  blast a hair drier at my butt ( from some distance away I hasten to add) each morning and warm my hand to re-stick them down, but sometimes if I move the wrong way they do snap off.

They are very crinkly but not noticeably in terms of hearing it, just feeling them there!

However on the plus side I would say they are very good for absorption. Previously whenever I've changed product or reduced in dose (eg in the past reduced from 50 to 37.5, or a year or so ago tried Sandrena) my flushes returned - but I am very pleased to say these seem to be the same (or maybe better?). Can't say exactly because the amount I snip off the 75's to give 62.5 maybe a bit less than Estradot - (which required a certain amount of precision as they are so small) - so maybe I'm also giving myself a bit more with the Estraderm? Either way I'm feeling fine - but would just rather have the tiny Estradot.

And now - apparently - just as I'm used to these - I am going to be given Elleste Solo MX. I will be an expert on the twice weekly patches at this rate!  ::)  (years ago I used Evorel but was in later peri so not really comparable).

So - don't despair....you might be fine, once you get the wretched things to stick - whichever you have.

Hurdity x

Wilks

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 10:32:45 PM »

Hi Hurdity
I tried the Estraderm patches for a short while but they're ginormous and gave me a huge irritated red patch on my bum! :-D

Sammiejane

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 04:01:37 PM »

hi hurdity

i hope you get on ok with the elleste solo mx patch this was the one i first went on and gave me bed chest pain breathlessness dead arms i couldn't raise my arms !

hopefully your be fine and yes your be expert in the patches ! lol

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 05:43:21 PM »

Thanks Sammiejane! I don't expect any actual side effects as my body has had estradiol through patches for 12 + years and also I'm not in surgical menopause, but it is a question of how well they stick and how I absorb the oestrogen. (Unless the glue is different and casues irritation!). I am optimistic though! 

Hurdity x

Hurdity

Re: Estradot to Estraderm - to Elleste Solo MX
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 12:55:00 PM »

Update - I have been using the Elleste Solo MX (80 mcg cut down to approx 62.5 mcg - there is no 75 mcg) patches for a couple of weeks or so and they're so much better than the Estraderm and would recommend to anyone. They stick really well and although considerably larger than Estradot, they're not as big as Estraderm and don't feel like you have a plastic bag on your butt!  No change in symptoms so for me absorption is similar. If you can get hold of these instead of your usual patches then hopefully you will be fine. I'm toying with the idea of "sticking" with them even when Estradot become available although the size of Estradot is so convenient...

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]