Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estradot to Estraderm - anyone tried these patches (Estraderm!)?  (Read 8631 times)

Hurdity

Well after more than 12 years with Estradot, shortages have finally forced me to change patch - and go with whatever my local dispensary at the docs could get - Estraderm. However they are absolutely mahoosive! Feels like I've got a plastic bag stuck to my butt! Practically covers the whole cheek! Gone the discreet tiny rectangle of Estradot... I can't imagine having used these giant squares for 12 years. Have had it on for 24 hours and I can still feel it there.  No noticeable difference in how I feel yet (re oestrogen levels) so hopefully will work the same. Time will tell.

Anyone else used these for any length of time?

Hurdity x

Dandelion

Re: Estradot to Estraderm - anyone tried these patches (Estraderm!)?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 08:36:47 AM »

Well after more than 12 years with Estradot, shortages have finally forced me to change patch - and go with whatever my local dispensary at the docs could get - Estraderm. However they are absolutely mahoosive! Feels like I've got a plastic bag stuck to my butt! Practically covers the whole cheek! Gone the discreet tiny rectangle of Estradot... I can't imagine having used these giant squares for 12 years. Have had it on for 24 hours and I can still feel it there.  No noticeable difference in how I feel yet (re oestrogen levels) so hopefully will work the same. Time will tell.

Anyone else used these for any length of time?

Hurdity x
I've only ever used evorel. Hope some estraderm users come on to share their experiences. Here's some good reviews. It mentions being taken off the market, but when i googled estraderm discontinued i got results from 2012 so maybe its come back on if its available to you. Sorry I cant be of more help

Tc

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 09:08:13 AM »

Hi hurdity. I havent used eastraderm but I was changed to progynova from estradot due to shortages.

For me personally the progynova was awful. I had thought I couldnt feel any worse but on that I did. And it was during E only part of cycle that I changed. I Very quickly noticed a drop in my already meagre levels.Isymptom wise. I only lasted 2 weeks on it. I've got a small supply of estradot left so I've switchedx back til it runs out.

As you may recall I thought I wasnt getting anything from the estradot but the switch to progynova and switching back again has proved I mustve been getting something, not much and not enough but the difference on progynova was marked.

Also the 100 are huge!!!

I know you didnt ask about progynova but it seems its being given  as an alternative because it's available. So just thought I'd share my experience.
Xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 09:52:51 AM »

Hi hurdity i use them, I didn't feel good on the other patches so tried these a couple of years ago and tampering going up each time until I discovered 100 was what I needed, well what can I say! Unless you have a massive bum it's going to come off with all the movement. It's literally the size of my palm and I have big hands 🤣
So I'm wearing two 50 patches although still big I just pop one either side below hips.
I'm having trouble getting these so hearing still some about I'm hopeful. Xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 09:56:35 AM »

As you know I've had a lot of trouble with HRT over the years, also having ME but these patches have given me energy I never thought I could have. I've been on them about a year with a month of gel in between when I could not get them, I normally have no energy but started decorating the end of last year and as soon as off the patches I've no energy to do anything. Xx

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 12:11:35 PM »

Hi

Can I ask what Estradot size patch are there shortages of. ?

Salad

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »

They were one of my first patches to try - huge and crinkly plastic compared to the Estradot  ;D
I also found the edges peeled up a bit too.
Sorry you haven't been able to get your Estradot- I've managed to get my last prescription filled but will wait to see what happens next time.

Alicess

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »

I used them, they are indeed very crinkly and they kept falling  off a few hours after application. Alcohol swap and blow-dry did'nt help so I put Tegaderm on them. My skin is very thin, no fat whatsoever and very dry so that could be a reason as my aunt uses them with no problems.
I tried Estradot too and I must say compared to them Estraderm is a nuisance.

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 05:48:25 PM »

They do seem worse then normal to stay on, and do peel off very easy, I've even been using surgical tape to stick them on and it's not practical but I'm pretty desperate at this point xx

hotmama

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 06:11:13 PM »

Sammiejane, I have been to 11  pharmacies to get Estradot 50mcg with no luck. Am going to Tenerife on Sunday for a week and will take my prescription with me and see if I can buy any out there.

Perinowpost

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 07:18:40 PM »

I've bought hrt patches in Tenerife no problem x

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 07:56:48 PM »

Thanks for all your responses! Looks like you all think the same about Estraderm. Hasn't fallen off yet though but I keep having a feel to make sure it's stuck down - it's so crinkly I can't tell though! Weird! I must say I can't imagine sticking this monster down with extra tape! However I shouldn't complain - it least I've got some patches and I'm lucky they are free ( due to advanced age....)!

Tc - it's good to hear your experience of a different patch - who knows I might be offered that one next time!

I've got 2 months worth which will last slightly less as I change every 3 days - so we'll see. Just hoping Estradot gets back to normal soon...

Hurdity x

Viwi

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 08:24:56 PM »

I startred using Estraderm 1.5 wook ago as replacement for Evorel - I'm happy with them, I feel better on them and have less mood swings than on Evorel. I don't know how good they are holding as I use Transdermal patches over them - I'm chubby and jeans were taking off patches in less than hour. But generaly I prefere them over Evorel, and I think I will stay with them :)

hotmama

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 04:46:07 PM »

Thanks Perinowpost ( clever name by the way) glad to know I may have some luck in Tenerife.

Sammiejane

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 11:35:44 PM »

Hi hurdity

Have you not tried the gel ?
Pages: [1] 2