Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tibolone (livial)  (Read 2240 times)

Macca65

Tibolone (livial)
« on: October 02, 2019, 04:15:06 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum so please  bare with me.
I've had meno symptoms for about six years now , I'm currently 54.
I've tried tablets and patches and tablets, but none have suited me .
Before that I tried all manner of herbal HRT , some worked for a time and then stopped as my symptoms took hold.
After referral to menopause clinic I finally found tibolone 👏🏻
Or so I thought 🙄
After a few side effects...
Aching joints and insomnia,
All resolved and I've never felt better👍🏼 Nine months in and I'm forgetful again,my migranes are back my mood is down and I've had “break through bleeding “ all in the last month.
Anyone had a similar experience?
Is my body getting used to it so no longer working?
Any advice would be great .
Thanks macca 65

jaycee

Re: Tibolone (livial)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 04:43:27 PM »

Welcome to the forum Macca,i have been on Livial  [Tibilone]twice,once years ago and then just recently about 18 months ago, it can amazing at first, and i didn't have any aches and pains with it, and it is supposed to be good for staving off osteoporosis, also helped with my sleep, but in the last few months i felt really tired and wanted to sleep even during the day,if i sat down for long i would doze off
I have stopped taking it, for now until i see my Dr again, but i have heard of others feeling it was wearing off after a while
I'm sure someone else will be along to tell you of their experiences
You could also put Tibilone  [or Livial]  they are the same ,in the search bar,and some comments will come up

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 07:45:42 AM »

Hi Macca65

I answered the other day on your other post about Livial. The most important thing is you get the bleeding checked out as this can happen with Tibolone. If you are sure you are post-menopausal ( if not you might get breakthrough bleeding due to your cycle - this HRT is for post-meno only), then it could be your womb lining has thickened.

If your symptoms have returned (as well as getting bleeding) then maybe it would be best to try another type - which ones have you tried already?

Hurdity x

Macca65

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 04:28:39 PM »

Thanks Hurdity,
I'm deffs post meno.
I tried two types of tablets ,my meno brain can't remember it was about 4 years ago!😜
Before tibolone I was on evorel patches and of different strengths and uterogestan which caused bleeding again only much heavier .
Hence the tibolone.
Think I'm intolerant to progesterone.
I couldn't tolerate the contraceptive pill either!🙄.