Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 alternative?  (Read 1532 times)

alibeau

Femoston 1/10 alternative?
« on: October 02, 2019, 01:28:27 PM »

Hi,

I am due to see my GP a week today with a view to possibly upping my HRT to Femoston 2/10 or if not continuing with 1/10 for now.....

Each time I go she asks if I would like to switch to patches, gel etc.

If I accepted her offer, what would be the best 'products' to switch to and in what quantity?

My main symptom was unbearable hot flushes which the Femoston has alleviated.  I am quite a headachey person and so would like to try to avoid any particular HRT's that might have more potential to worsen them...

When I first started on HRT my GP was happy to accept the advice I had received on here and so again, I would like to go in armed with info so that I know I am getting the right thing!

I might end up sticking with tablet form not sure if I should I just stick with what is currently working for me? but would just like to feel a bit more knowledgeable on my options.....

Many thanks in advance.

Ali x

Dotty

Re: Femoston 1/10 alternative?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »

If it's working for you then stick with it x

alibeau

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 06:25:58 PM »

Thank you Dotty x

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 09:23:30 PM »

Patches are usually a good choice for headachy people as they give a more even blood level.  You would need something like utrogestan or Mirena with them.

I wish I had your doctor! ::)  Mine won't consider anything but tablets (cheaper, formulary, etc) and I did well to get changed from the norithisterone ones to femoston.

Femoston 2/10 supply has been ok up to now, if you have to go up.

alibeau

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 04:19:03 PM »

Patches are usually a good choice for headachy people as they give a more even blood level.  You would need something like utrogestan or Mirena with them.

I wish I had your doctor! ::)  Mine won't consider anything but tablets (cheaper, formulary, etc) and I did well to get changed from the norithisterone ones to femoston.

Femoston 2/10 supply has been ok up to now, if you have to go up.

Thank you for your reply.  I think we have struck lucky with our GP surgery, the only problem being getting an appointment but I suspect this is the same everywhere!

Ali x

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 04:27:38 PM »

Yes mine is the same with that - except for the doctor who doesn't do women's stuff  ::) :-X  - always load of appointments for him  :D