Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel to estradot. What next?  (Read 1006 times)

Jennijx

Evorel to estradot. What next?
« on: October 02, 2019, 09:46:33 AM »

Hi everyone,

Due to the supply shortage I was switched from evorel 75mg patches to the equivalent dose of estradot a month ago. (I take utrogeston tablets separately and non continuously). Very quickly my mood dipped, hot flushes, restless nights due to the most vivid nightmares and now migraines are back.

Fortunately I managed to get two more boxes of everel which I will start tomorrow (trying to ignore the fact that one box is out of date since may!).

I'm really worried about what I can do after that. Hemiplegic migraines and migraines with aura made my life very difficult just before I started hrt a year ago and it took weeks to settle. I am 36 with two young children and had a lot of time of sick last year, not doing anything well.

I have a telephone call booked with my doctor on Friday and wanted to get some advice from you experienced ladies before then.

Is it normal to experience a return of symptoms on changing brands and if I can get hold of estradot in the future is it worth pursuing with it?

Due to migraines I can't take hrt tablets but the gels could be an option?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Perinowpost

Re: Evorel to estradot. What next?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 10:25:32 AM »

Hi Jennijx

I'm on evorel and once tried estradot and had exactly the same thing. I discovered (from this forum) that one is made from soya and one  from yam.  I always forget which way around, but you can google it, but basically whichever one it was came from the silver birch family and my body didn't like it.

None of this helps you with the shortage of supplies of evorel though I realise. I bought a load in Spain whilst on holiday recently to try and get around this. Other than that, you never know it might settle on it, either that or you could try gel, that's the same substance (estradiol) just in a different format or keep trying with your GP. Wishing you luck x

Jennijx

Re: Evorel to estradot. What next?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »

That's really interesting thank you. It's astounding the impact that one ingredient can have.
You were so lucky to be holidaying in Spain! I've been ringing local pharmacies trying to get more supplies. What a nightmare this is for all of us.
I feel like I'm going to have to try a gel when my supply runs out and I just hope it works!xx