Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie looking for advice!  (Read 927 times)

RachiD

• First Flush
Newbie looking for advice!
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:32:03 PM »

Hello Ladies!
I started my HRT after much deliberations....all the classic symptoms when I look back over the past few years. Started with very heavy bleeding, then erratic periods, sweats, insomnia, anxiety, IBS (?) does anyone else suffer?
GP finally agreed to prescribe patches...I have borderline high BP.
Evorel Sequi as still having very occasional bleeds.
Anyway long story short....
Immediately started spotting...I can deal with that but then when I changed to the second Conti patches I've had the most painful horrendous heaving bleeding with clots.
Been a week now, still heaving bleeding and cramps.
Unable to get a GP appointment....they'll call me next week >:(
So I've not started with my next pack of patches...rather be a sweaty mess than a bloody mess!
Any advice?!
Sorry for the rant!
Rachel :-*

jaypo

Re: Newbie looking for advice!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:44:26 AM »

Hi rachid and welcome to the forum👋
Not on hrt so can't advise but the ibs side of it'dont just accept you've ibs,there are a lot of women,when they get to meno start having gut issues,if at all possible,make a food diary,you'll be surprised,I got a blood test done,privately as nhs don't do intolerance tests😏 and I was intolerant to wheat and nuts,since cutting them out?what a difference,hardly any cramps at all
Anyway,someone will be along re the hrt soon,nice bunch of ladies on here x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:02:07 AM »

Hi RachiD
Firstly   :welcomemm: glad you've found us...
I'm not an  expert, but if your still having periods, you shouldn't be on the Conti type HRT....Conti is for POST meno....post meno is NOT having a period at all for 12 months....so good job you've stopped them..
I'm sure someone will be on later with a lot more knowledge than me, so hang tight...
Yes there's a lot of us on here that have upset stomachs, for some reason we can't eat things we used to, just another element of being a woman I think! But Jaypo is right, sometimes we do have intolerances and we don't always realise it... And also the anxiety, aswell as all the other things, anxiety is very common....and the pits...
I think too,  when starting any hrt, you can expect bleeding, and you should try and stay on it for at least 3/6 months, unless of course the side effects are too bad for you, then you should change to another regime....hopefully your doctor will sort you out, but have a look around and grab some knowledge off this site because most doctors havnt a clue about hrt......if in doubt, post on here and someone will respond pretty quickly......
Good luck, let us know how your doing, and keep posting....
Xxx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 11:23:23 AM »

Hi bleeding can be erratic for the first 6 months of starting hrt so you need to give it 3 months to see if it settles.

If you are on Evorel Sequi then that's the right hrt but there are shortages of it. You might be better on Femoston tablets which have a kinder progesterone or Oestrogel and Utrogestan. X