Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Best HRT for Hysterectomy with ovaries retained  (Read 632 times)

buttons10

Best HRT for Hysterectomy with ovaries retained
« on: October 01, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »

I've been on Estrogel now for a few years (hyster / ovaries retained).
However my sweats are driving me mad. The gel has never made any difference in regard to the sweats. The only thing it does help with us the aches and pains etc. I'm now getting fed up with the palaver of the gel, (Four pumps on each leg per night), and I'm sick and tired of the sweats. Even down to not being able to wear a coat while I'm out as I just ‘overheat'. I've searched online to find an alternative that may alleviate my prob. But I'm a little confused over my choices when the ovaries are retained. Hoping any of you girls can advise me. Kind regards

jaypo

Re: Best HRT for Hysterectomy with ovaries retained
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »

I had a hysterectomy with ovaries left behind,I've tried every natural remedy on the shelf for flushes but I'm sorry to report none have worked,my best friend is a fantastic rechargeable fan which I keep in my handbag,it's so much better than those little whirly things,got mine on Amazon,the fan part is encased,it really does help,I try to catch my sweat before it takes hold
I never leave home without it 😊

buttons10

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »

Thank you Jaypo. Yes I have tried everything as well. And like you I have a fan. I'm just fed up with it.  And fed up having to wear a vest top under everything I wear so it mops up the sweat. 🤨

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »

Oh I know,or dark colours so it doesn't show,the worst is coming out of the shower,drying yourself,nice smelling body lotion on,then bang,sweating,body soaked,that's why I like winter months, I don't suffer so much then 😏

buttons10

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 04:40:32 PM »

Exactly ..me too, I look at things in the shops and think ‘ooh that's lovely, but I'd never be able to wear it,  if I had a bad episode it would look awful' , like you certain colours and materials are a no go!! cold weather ..bring it on. And I can hide my sweaty hair under a hat. Xx

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 04:59:04 PM »

;D