Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: HRT, anxiety & grief.... BAD REACTION TO FLUOXETINE  (Read 14458 times)

alibeau

Re: HRT, anxiety & grief.... BAD REACTION TO FLUOXETINE
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »

Morning,

The Dizziness is steadily improving, just slow progress.  It's that feeling when you move your eyes/head and your brain takes a few seconds to catch up!!!

Bad night on the sleep front, fluttery chest until about 3am... not to worry though as I still feel much better than a week ago!

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Ali x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »

Glad you are on the up and up. I may be quiting the fluoxetine too. We'll see. I cant get an appointment with my Dr until the 9th Nov  >:(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:51:24 AM by pants46 »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »

Aww I do feel for you....I was given fluoxetine ( if that's Prozac) for the anxiety I had...
Made me feel really ill, after about 6/7 days on it...I could feel my blood pressure dropping and feel like I was about to pass out, started one night in bed, it woke me up. Scared the life out of me, I stopped it straight away, and it took nearly a full week to get out of my system.
I stayed the whole week laying down on the settee or else I'd have passed out, had to keep my head lower than the rest of me. When I told the doctor what had happened, she looked at me as if I was crazy! 🙀 🤬 so, I'm wishing anyone whose on this drug, the very best of luck as it didn't suit me at all....x

alibeau

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2019, 09:05:22 AM »

Thanks Ladies,

I had a good day yesterday, first day in a while where I felt some relief from my physical anxiety symptoms and that makes such a difference to my state of mind.

Coincidentally (or not!) I visited my hairdresser and so had a good long chat with her (known her for over 20 years) and so I am wondering if 'off loading' has helped? and I am therefore also feeling more positive about speaking with a counsellor (initial meeting/family assessment next week)......

Slept well the past two nights, physical symptoms remain low this morning and so fingers crossed for another good day and weekend too.

Sending you all love and light  ;)

Ali x

alibeau

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2019, 09:57:51 AM »

So after my positive post yesterday, palpitations kicked in and have not stopped since, v unpleasant to say the least.  Also feeling weak and jittery again....

I've ordered some magnesium spray to try.....

At least I managed to sleep well  :)

Have a good weekend ladies xx

Ali x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2019, 10:08:46 AM »

A good sleep makes a HUGE difference!

I've never had palpitations ....... just the instant nausea in the gut, weak thighs, calves then full blown anxiety  >:(

Make sure that you eat regularly ;-)

alibeau

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2019, 11:26:44 AM »

Will do CLKD - thank you x

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2019, 11:56:01 AM »

We have a thread about 'what are we cooking tonight'  ::) - sometimes we talk about menopause  :D

alibeau

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2019, 07:40:05 PM »

Not so little update from me......  ;)

Breast clinic appointment went well, had an examination, mammogram and ultrasound, all came back clear - phew.  Wonderful doctors and nurses, fabulous experience as these things go!

Then on to family appointment with new counsellors for assessment.  Both Hubby and I are going ahead with separate counselling, now just wait for an appointment to come through....

I have a GP appointment booked for Tuesday.  This was supposed to be to review my progress on fluoxetine.  However I stopped taking it but am still of a mind to talk to GP about upping my HRT from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10, my logic being....

I still don't truly know whether my physical anxiety symptoms (currently fluttery chest and palpitations) are down to grief or peri?
I am experiencing the odd hot flush (not a real problem at the mo)
I am feeling very achey again....

Do you think I might benefit overall from an increased dose or would I be best advised to leave well alone at the moment?  Any feedback appreciated.

Thank you  :)

Ali x

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2019, 09:09:43 PM »

hi! Probably if you don't try you won't know.  How about putting the product name into the search box to see what pops up and see how others manage?

Oestrogen levels dropping may cause aches and pains as muscles become lax due to lack of elasticity.  Have you tried over the counter pain relief as necessary.

If you stopped the Fluoxetine it may be a side effect - the fluttery feelings.

Glad that the breast appt was good, one thing you can put away.  I think that counselling gives us the chance to vent without someone telling us 'that can't have happened because ........ ' .  Discuss, decide, ditch ;-)

alibeau

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »

Hi CLKD and thank you.

I have had a good read up on the forum as you suggested - will see what GP thinks on Tuesday....

:thankyou:

Ali x

AgathaC

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2019, 08:41:56 PM »

Great news from the breast clinic. That was one worry you could have done without. That's behind you now. Good.

I'm really very pleased that it was an okay experience for you.

Hope this week goes well for you and sending support and admiration of your coping skills xx

alibeau

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2019, 11:28:29 AM »

Thank you AgathaC x

GP happy to increase my HRT to Femoston 2/10.  I will finish my current pack of 1/10 and then do the switch.

:love:

Ali x

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2019, 03:24:28 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

alibeau

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »

Will do, keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

Ali x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6