Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice on peri symptoms please.  (Read 2724 times)

Booroo

Re: Advice on peri symptoms please.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »

Bungo not really only with ibs flare I'm just dreading periods again that was only good thing about cerazette

Bungo

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »

Bungo not really only with ibs flare I'm just dreading periods again that was only good thing about cerazette
Yeah I've been taking cerazette this time for 6 years so have forgotten what a period is! I think the closer to menopause then the more infrequent and lighter they are?

squeaker99

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »

Yes your symptoms sound all part of normal Peri (although Peri seems different for everyone). I have had in last 3-4 years since my periods started getting weird:
Mid cycle gunk (stringy brown n orange mucus) and spotting lasting for 3-4 days to up to 10 days mid period.
Periods becoming longer - from my 6 -7 day ' norm' to 10 - 12 days from start to finnish
Insomnia - feeling just not at all sleepy (for days!) coupled with feeling panic and restless in the night
Too hot in the night in general
Much bigger mood swings -  mostly in the week prior to a period but also mid cycle
Brain fog - getting words mixed up, doing stupid things like getting in passenger seat to drive or putting a pan in the microwave
Tingles/muscle cramps/lax muscles in general
Not being able to take any alcohol after 2pm without having a rubbish nights sleep and feeling rough - ditto caffeine
Weird cardiac/upper body vibrations
Anxiety  - Major Health anxiety about all of the above not being ' normal!', going to the GP countless times worried about the above.

But no hot flushes and no heavy periods.

As my periods start to become further apart I have found that most of the above have improved.
I tried two HRTs and 1 AD but came off both as mentally I felt worse on them. I am not sure looking back they were the right things for me at that hormonal / mental point in time. Eating healthy, staying hydrated, keeping busy, going outside all definitely are good things.

squeaker99

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 07:49:56 PM »

P.S Oh and huge burps and gigantic farts - mostly in the morning with the latter and the former if I eat anything too fatty or fried.
I actually said to the baffled young doctor ' But you don't understand - the burps are huge, they go on for minutes, they're not normal and the farts are like a local earthquake'. Poor guy. He was quite dishy though, a young Eddie Redmayne. Never been back.
Loose poos for a good 3 months also played a part at one stage! IBS apparently - but definitely co-incided with the onset of Peri.
Enjoy

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 08:41:53 PM »

HI
Coke is brilliant for gut rot.  Used it all the time during my party years for hangovers, but on more serious note it is the phosphoric acid in the coke that sorts the gut rot out and the bubbles.  Has to be proper coke though, not the diet sh*ite.
As for gut rot, funny how that crops up a lot on here.
Just as a thought, have you considered gallstones? Yes, i am obsessed with them, but i was fobbed off for 4 yrs with 'gastritis', ibs, constipation etc.  My GP humoured me when i asked for a scan to 'check' , he was convinced i didn't have them.
Low and behold a bag full of large marbles on scan.  After i had it out, the surgeon said it was rancid and had been years in the making.  Funny how all my 'gastric' symptoms disapeared after it came out.
Pages: 1 [2]