Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Post menopause  (Read 2862 times)

Juneo

Post menopause
« on: September 28, 2019, 10:57:42 PM »

Been back to my gp  and advised to try fem Seven 50 or Estradot 25mg patches, can't sleep either cold or not and soaking wet waking up at 4 am can't get back to sleep tired, moody, tearful and angry dry skin and so forgetful i was on anti depressants for ten years Sen off for eight weeks just got to the poo t of not knowing what to do😢

Dotty

Re: Post menopause
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 06:21:56 AM »

Hi sorry if you've already given this info but how old are you? When was your last period? Have you had a hysterectomy? X

Juneo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 12:52:59 AM »

Hi Dotty i am 55 and had a hysterectomy at 32 with my ovaries left in had one removed 10 years ago x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 06:21:43 AM »

Hi give hrt a try. It's well worth it especially in your position. You could ask for Oestrogel as there are shortages of lots of patches. X

Juneo

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:35:52 AM »

Thank you can i ask the patch that I've been given are they safer than some of the others

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 06:47:08 PM »

I don't understand your question  ??? Could you explain what you're asking please?

Hurdity x

Juneo

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 07:55:06 AM »

Hi sorry just seen your reply what I ment was is it safer to use patches of the gel my gp, I have also been getting palpitations since starting my patches not sure if this is why they have started my go said you don't get palpatations with hrt, i have had a ecg which came back more i have had a bit of stress lately my gp has put me on citalopram but still getting the palpatations just wondered what your thoughts are thankyou

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 08:17:25 AM »

Hi there - have answered your other thread too. Any form of transdermal HRT ie patch or gel are considered to be lower risk ( of some conditions at some ages and states) than oral HRT - but usually the risk is considered to be an issue after age 60, unless you have other cardio-vascular risk factors. Personally I would not take the citalopram as this is supposed to be an anti-depressant so if you are not depressed then.....important to get the palpitations sorted and determine the cause. Re anxiety and stress have you tried various strategies to deal with this? There is a lot of self-help out there I gather - books websites apps youtube etc? All the best.

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 09:07:56 AM »

hi juneo

what patch are you currently on ! and what dose ?

Juneo

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 06:26:19 PM »

Hi Hurdity I have had counselling to do with family problems i was on two different antidepressants and came of them both in April I've only been on citalopram for a week to be honest I don't know what to do for the best i had blood test and everything came back normal
Thanks June

Juneo

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »

Hi sammijane in using fem 7 50 patches

Sammiejane

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 09:11:07 PM »

hi juneo

how are you finding those patches.

i may have to swap from the gel i'm on as causing me severe hair loss !

thanks

Juneo

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 06:50:15 AM »

Hi sammiejane no hair loss a few headaches not sure if the patches are causing them or down to stress I am sleeping better come to think of it only waking up once a night before starting them I was awake most of the night still feeling very tired. I do have an underactive thyroid which I've just had checked and has leveled my GP said basically my age 55 I think lol x

Sammiejane

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »

hi juneo

how long have you been on them ? did i read your post right u have no ovaries now x

Juneo

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 03:58:01 PM »

Hi sammiejane I had one overie removed 14 years ago I had a hysterectomy 23 years ago I have been on the patches for two months x
Pages: [1] 2