Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: endogenous perimenopausal hyperstimulation syndrome  (Read 819 times)

Shannonplussed

endogenous perimenopausal hyperstimulation syndrome
« on: October 29, 2019, 03:32:20 AM »

Thanks to this forum (Hurdity!), I realize I was likely misdiagnosed with Early Menopause at age 42. I've found an article on endogenous perimenopausal hyperstimulation syndrome and this speaks to me (right down to the currant jelly :o)! https://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/resources/perimenopause-time-%E2%80%9Cendogenous-ovarian-hyperstimulation%E2%80%9D

I shouldn't have been on estrogel at all (still waiting on follow up for probable hyperplasia) but the progesterone is so good for me, because of anovulation. At the moment, I've gone off everything while I await gynae and encrinology follow up. The article I linked states 'Cyclic progesterone therapy should be continued for at least six months'. What do you think happens after 6 months? What would be the next step?

Hurdity

Re: endogenous perimenopausal hyperstimulation syndrome
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 08:50:58 AM »

Hi shannonplussed

I haven't read the link but if your periods are few and far between - ie you have been missing them, and are not taking any form of contraceptive pill or Mirena, then you are definitely peri-menopausal and HRT will compensate for the oestrogen crashes (and mood swings) just before you bleed and the progestogen will regulate your periods. Alternatively a COC pill will do the same job. If you are still peri then cyclical HRT is recommended otherwise breaklthrough bleeding can occur and periods can be more unpredictable. yes the additional cyclical progesterone will help ensure the lining does not overthicken during anovulatory months but during late peri oestrogen overall is on the decline even though it spikes very high sometimes - so as above additional oestrogen can help with symptoms.

I understand cyclical progesterone therapy would only (sometimes) be advised to regulate heavy periods in women who have not yet reached peri-menopause eg if periods are still regular or shortening cycle and very heavy, as per the info on this website:

"Cyclical progestogen hormones. These are progestogen containing tablets which are taken for part of the month. They are particularly useful when you have occasionally missed periods and then go on to have a very heavy period. It means you will have periods regularly, once a month making life much less socially inconvenient. The progestogen can also help with flushing and sweating".

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/periodtreatments.php

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Shannonplussed

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 02:33:59 PM »

It doesn't help, because my question was specifically in regards to the article that you didn't read, and the "at least 6 months" part. Nonetheless, I appreciate your time and response; thank you.

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »

I think they just mean a minimum of 6 months for the excess oestrogen to be purged.

It's a great website, I use it often and there was a long thread on here all about the jelly discharge etc.! Those members left though as this forum tends to be more for post menopause and low oestrogen as these are apparently the majority.

I used to use progesterone cream and it makes me feel completely back to normal but my liver/colon etc then gets overwhelmed by the dumping of oestrogen and toxins which then causes migraines etc. So am now just using magnesium and bentonite clay to help with elimination and counting the days (4 years so far!) for my periods to stop and the damn oestrogen to stop surging.