Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Constant feeling of wanting to pee  (Read 766 times)

VavaVroomGone

Constant feeling of wanting to pee
« on: September 27, 2019, 02:32:19 PM »

Is there light at the end of my tunnel ?! I am feeling really down about VA and what I think is this allied issue...

Over the summer I've had numerous episodes of itu  type symptoms.  I've had antibiotics and I've now been on Vagifem for nearly 2  months. I use it daily. I don't know it's made much of a difference...but daren't not use it every  day.

I've also started HRT this week - Everol Conti. I'm not sure how long this takes to work?

I now almost constantly have the feeling that I want to pee. I've taken a urine sample to the GP today and they're sending it off for culture. But I think it's more 'mechanical ' than an infection (though this particular episode did start with me accidentally getting shampoo on me .. which I try and avoid,  and it does feel kind of irritated so I just dont know)

I can't do my usual activities which involve tight clothes and sitting on saddles.  I can't wear my usual jeans. Sitting makes it worse.  I feel my whole undercarriage is over sensitive.

I'm getting so depressed about it and just  don't know what to do next. Get a referral?  To ...? I do have private health insurance which I could use if I crack open an emergency credit card.

Has anyone else had any experience of this? Please tell me there's a solution.

Please can anyone help m

Katejo

Re: Constant feeling of wanting to pee
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 02:51:36 PM »

Is there light at the end of my tunnel ?! I am feeling really down about VA and what I think is this allied issue...

Over the summer I've had numerous episodes of itu  type symptoms.  I've had antibiotics and I've now been on Vagifem for nearly 2  months. I use it daily. I don't know it's made much of a difference...but daren't not use it every  day.

I've also started HRT this week - Everol Conti. I'm not sure how long this takes to work?

I now almost constantly have the feeling that I want to pee. I've taken a urine sample to the GP today and they're sending it off for culture. But I think it's more 'mechanical ' than an infection (though this particular episode did start with me accidentally getting shampoo on me .. which I try and avoid,  and it does feel kind of irritated so I just dont know)

I can't do my usual activities which involve tight clothes and sitting on saddles.  I can't wear my usual jeans. Sitting makes it worse.  I feel my whole undercarriage is over sensitive.

I'm getting so depressed about it and just  don't know what to do next. Get a referral?  To ...? I do have private health insurance which I could use if I crack open an emergency credit card.

Has anyone else had any experience of this? Please tell me there's a solution.

Please can anyone help m
Evorel Conti started to reduce my need for Vagifem after about 2-3 weeks on full patches. I first used half patches but they made no difference. It sound as though your symptoms are worse than mine though as I don't have a problem with jeans/sitting in general and I did get a quick improvement from Vagifem.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 02:55:47 PM »

Although i found Vagfem a great help with the VA i really didn't get complete relief from it until i started systemic HRT. I still use Vagifem every day as well as some ovestin for outer bits and now can't remember when i last had a flare up, but it takes all that for me to not be aware of my undercarriage all day!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 02:58:13 PM »

My VA started when i was 48 and peri, i couldn't sit, walk or sleep with it, it was a miserable time.

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »

Although i found Vagfem a great help with the VA i really didn't get complete relief from it until i started systemic HRT. I still use Vagifem every day as well as some ovestin for outer bits and now can't remember when i last had a flare up, but it takes all that for me to not be aware of my undercarriage all day!

That's really helpful Tinkerbell. How long did it take for the systemic HRT to kick in?

Can I get ovestin over the counter?  I'll Google..  sorry I think / type aloud😝

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »

All sympathy to you, it sounds really bad. I have had similar when I stopped hrt following bleeding then I got cystisis.  I didn't want more systemic hrt so I have been on ovestin since, yes it's on prescription..  it took months to settle down, almost a year, using every night for a month and alternate since.  It's that horrible feeling like you can't stop thinking about peeing.  Yours sounds worse than mine so with the systemic hrt as well things should improve, but it can be very slow.  It really gets you down and I did a lot of crying.  It's like you're constantly thinking about your bits and what sort of life is that!  I also stopped drinking alcohol, especially wine and spirits, no hot baths and no spicy food.  Sex was off limits for ages too.  All sympathy to you as it's an awful feeling and really hope you feel better soon.