Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1035 times)

Jane50

« on: September 26, 2019, 09:17:39 AM »

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum. I'm 50 and perimenopausal. I started on patches about 9 months ago as I was experiencing awful emotional swings (rage, irritation, crying) as well as flooding and day and night sweats.
However, about a month ago I began to feel worse - extreme fatigue, anxiety, teary and a feeling of being overwhelmed by it all. I have now started Elleste Duet 2mg. The fatigue has eased and anxiety and palpitations are being treated with
 acupuncture (I was originally going to treat chronic sinusitis!) as I didn't want to rely on diazipam and this has helped enormously.
But! The hot flushes and night sweats have worsened and I now feel sick too. I have started a supplement called Menohop for the sweating. Has anyone else tried these?
I feel very alone in trying to work out how to ease my symptoms and overwhelmed that these could continue for years. Every day seems to present any combination of physical or emotional symptoms to deal with. I'm suffering hair loss too and lack of sleep due to night sweats. Also no sex drive and a general lack of motivation. I know I have to just take it a day at a time and look after myself. I don't drink and eat healthily and take regular exercise. I just feel it has taken over my life!

Countrygirl

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 09:28:18 AM »

Hi Jane50 and welcome to the forum, we are a friendly bunch and you will find help and reassurance on here.
I'm in kinda the same situation, in peri and been on hrt since Jan and was getting by, but the last month has been hell so been looking at alternative, had face reflexology to see how it goes as I can't cope with the anxiety anymore and also don't want to rely on the Valium. Just taking each day at a time with anxiety x

I'm getting some essential oils for anxiety to burn to see if that helps me to not be so scared all the time, let us know how it goes with the menohop x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »

Hi Jane 50 if your symptoms have worsened then it's likely that you need to increase your oestrogen dosage x

Jane50

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 08:06:47 PM »

Hi Dotty,
Thanks for your reply. I'm guessing Elleste Duet 2mg has more oestrogen than the patches. Any idea what the next step up would be if no improvement in next month? x

Jane50

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 08:22:44 PM »

Hi Countrygirl,
Yes sounds like we are in a similar predicament. Do you think the face reflexology is helping with the anxiety? Also which essential oils are you planning on using? I've also found it helps to give the brain a distraction from the anxiety by pinching your skin or sucking an ice cube or walking outside in bare feet. It can sometimes stop the cycle for a bit. I've found the valium only gives short term relief anyway. Do you get palpitations too? Wondering whether to go to docs to get betablockers...
x