Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: So tired  (Read 626 times)

margaret

So tired
« on: September 24, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I am 5 years post menopause and I'm experiencing symptoms I had in the peri menopause, these are a feeling of tiredness, headache, a dizzy feeling, heart palpitations and just generally feeling unwell.  Has anyone else experienced this?   :)

coldlittleheart

Re: So tired
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:25:22 PM »

The fatigue yes, I sometimes get the dizziness too, headaches, but I am trying out HRT, and the fatigue is still there  ::) I am hoping that it's early days and I will start feeling more human soon. I also got low mood (understatement!) and increased anxiety, that seems to have calmed a little with hrt

Have you tried anything (HRT or alternative) to try and reduce your symptoms? For me HRT was the last resort because nothing else seemed to work, and I have tried so many alternative methods, I became a little desperate. I will follow this topic as I am curious to see if I have missed anything and maybe others will have different answers.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »

Thyroid function?
Low VitD levels?

coldlittleheart

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 12:44:24 PM »

Thyroid function?
Low VitD levels?

Agreed. Also I just remembered, ferritin levels.

A few years back, my ferritin stores were completely depleted, I felt like death. Going up one flight of stairs my heart was pounding, I was out of breath, I had to lie down.

margaret

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 01:23:52 PM »

Thank you ladies.

coldlittleheart I used HRT the first 2 years of my menopause as I was a basket case and felt wonderful on it.  Unfortunately my blood pressure went high when they changed my HRT to a non bleed one so I had to come off it.  It helped me get through the worst of the menopause.  I was offered antidepressants but came off them as I wasn't great with them.  I've had my yearly checkup and nothing came back about vitamin deficiency or anemia x

coldlittleheart

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 02:01:45 PM »

I've had my yearly checkup and nothing came back about vitamin deficiency or anemia x

You should ask for ferritin testing, it's not something they check routinely. the rest of my irons were all fine, but that pesky little thing was completely gone.

I hope you find an answer, I hope I do too!