Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vagifem not helping  (Read 7930 times)

misskh

Re: Vagifem not helping
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 11:37:16 AM »

What a waste of GP time etc.. 

I also use pain relief when symptoms niggle.  2 tablets 3 times a day for 24 hours.

CLKD...which pain killers do you use please?
Ibuprofen....Paracetomol?

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 04:33:43 PM »

Is it this FB group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120856291890144/

If so, no questions have been asked!

Honeybean

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 06:35:29 PM »

I started on vagifem for dryness issues 4 weeks ago. Since when I have felt worse. I often feel like I need to go to the loo, more than before and last night I got this vaginial stinging sensation which is still persisting, though doesn't hurt to wee, no problems there. I am still extremely dry down there. I don't have any moisturises, wondered about using moroccon oil (as it doesn't contain perfumes) as a temporary measure. Feeling uncomfortable, not sure if I can feel pressure too as if everythings going to come out. Feeling a bit anxious about it.

Hi Shropshirelass

You may well be sorted out by now, but I just thought I would mention that I had the same problems with Vagifem. I finally moved onto an estrogen gel called Estriol vaginal gel with applicator, which works really well. I can honestly say my VA symptoms and bladder/cystitis type issues have gone.

I also supplement with another gel as when needed if I start to feel a bit of dryness or if I feel cystitis might be creeping back, which I bought after reading the Menopause Matters magazine. The gel is safe to use along side the Estriol and is called Gynomunal Vaginal Moisturising Gel for Menopause.

Anyway good luck x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »

Thanks for the link Birdy have requested to join.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 06:51:09 PM »

Thanks HB. Can I ask how long did you try vagifem for? I have stopped everything and the burning is much improved but still feel the constant need to wee and feel more dry since stopping vagifem last week. I was thinking of restarting it and carrying on for the 3 months to give it a chance and if symptoms get worse or don't improve try estriol which I have been prescribed.

I've also got a vaginal moisturiser (Yes) and thought I'd alternate with that, but when I tried a bit on my wrist it stung a bit initially so am a bit reluctant to try it internally.
Pages: 1 2 [3]