Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vagifem not helping  (Read 7929 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem not helping
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 02:57:07 PM »

What a waste of GP time etc.. 

I also use pain relief when symptoms niggle.  2 tablets 3 times a day for 24 hours.

Elizabethlovejoy

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »

Replying to Stella Jane above - yes Dr Newsons clinic is so helpful. I saw Dr Rachel Lewis and she put me on 2 pumps oestrogel with !00mg utrogestan taken orally every day.She did say if I couldn't tolerate the utrogestan it would be possible to take it vaginally and I think she may have said that would be every other night.However I seem to tolerate it orally and as i have a super sensitive bladder it is probably best for me not to use it vaginally. Dr Lewis also said age is no barrier to taking HRT provided you are monitored.My GP has put everything on repeat prescription and has luckily been very receptive.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 03:19:44 PM »

Hang on to your GP Elizabethlovejoy ........  ;)

Elizabethlovejoy

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 03:21:33 PM »

I will. I think it helps that his wife is mid fifties....
My o post above should have read 100 mg Utrogestan.

suzysunday

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »

Ovestin is good and not messy at all.

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 03:28:26 PM »

I'm following this with interest as I have VA, I think and often have the constant feeling of wanting to pee.

I've been using Vagifem daily for nearly 2 months and as this hadn't seemed to make a bit of difference,  I've been prescribed Everol Conti which I've had for nearly  a week. Yesterday I was fine. Today I was ok until a couple of hours ago when that familiar wanting to pee feeling started again.

After reading this thread I'm now wondering  if I should swap from Vagifem to the ovestin or should I continue the current regime. Or can I use ovestin externally as well as the Vagifem internally 🤔

I find extraordinary that until a few months ago I had never heard of VA, or the associated uti issues which are a result of the menopause.  Am I very dim or do many women suffer silently and it's just not spoken about?

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »

Vava - I would use two lots of 'vagifem' for a couple of nights as it's such a low dose.  Initially it was made in 25 and now it's 10 ?? so some ladies find that they need it every night anyway.

You are certainly not dim!  It's not a topic talked about and is not widely recognised - yet.  Do read our threads here and get a copy of MaryJane's book 'me and my menopausal vagina' - she is a member here and has put the subject into the public domain ;-)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2019, 05:45:09 PM »

VVG,  my drs wouldn't ley me have both vagifem and the cream. They generally say to keep going on one thing for 3 months which is what I want to do, but I was swapped to the cream. I was also advised to use a vaginal moisturiser alongside the hormonal treatment.

I don't think women talk about their bodies, particularly their vagina and vulva. I cautiously mentioned my discomfort to a friend the other day and she told me about her urinary leakage. She had never heard of vagifem or the creams. She thought it was just part of getting older.

suzysunday

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »

No you are not dim. I had never heard of any of this till 3 years ago when I was 58.

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2019, 08:29:45 PM »

Vava - I would use two lots of 'vagifem' for a couple of nights as it's such a low dose.  Initially it was made in 25 and now it's 10 ?? so some ladies find that they need it every night anyway.

You are certainly not dim!  It's not a topic talked about and is not widely recognised - yet.  Do read our threads here and get a copy of MaryJane's book 'me and my menopausal vagina' - she is a member here and has put the subject into the public domain ;-)

Thank you CLKD.
I've just tried using 2 Vagifem, so fingers crossed it works. This constant niggling discomfort is getting me down.

I have a copy of MaryJane's book. It's excellent.

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2019, 08:33:05 PM »

Birdy, I sent in a joining request to the Facebook group ages ago but nothing happened. If you can nudge the admins to accept new members ... 😉

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2019, 08:58:13 PM »

Birdy, I sent in a joining request to the Facebook group ages ago but nothing happened. If you can nudge the admins to accept new members ... 😉
When you sent the request, did you answer the questions asked ?

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »

When you sent the request, did you answer the questions asked ?
I think so, unless I was being unusually dippy! I'll try again

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 09:22:44 AM »

I just checked and still not a member so I tried joining again, request sent but no questions appeared..? :-\

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 09:54:55 AM »

Thank you 😊
Pages: 1 [2] 3