Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Leave education alone!  (Read 2960 times)

sheila99

Re: Leave education alone!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 06:00:21 PM »

Who says private health care won't be next? Many ladies on this forum have felt they've had to go to a private doctor to get adequate treatment for meno symptoms.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 07:35:13 PM »

Who said anything about private health care? I was referring to potential tory trade deals with US over pharmaceuticals and what could happen to the NHS and its effect on ordinary people. If THEY get in with a majority and the bit fat B word happens I don't trust them to maintain the NHS as we know it - or rather the best bits of it. That's far more important and significant than anything to do with existing private health care I would say (except it shouldn't need to exist). I don't know the details at all but nothing I've heard has been positive.

Anyway I thought we weren't discussing politics or religion - according to the Election thread yesterday but you;ve started another one CLKD  ;D

Hurdity x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 07:55:02 PM »

It's up to each parent how they choose to educate their children whether that's state, private or home schooling and Corbyn should butt out.  he was privately educated for some time himself but it did him no good with just scraping ONE O level.   ;D ;D   Diane Abbott refused to send her son to local schools and sent him privately.  So it's OK for them but not the rest of us.   ::)

What kind of warped mind would even WANT to suggest that parents shouldn't have a choice in how they educate their offspring?  He won't be happy until all kids are wearing Lenin caps and military uniforms. 

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 02:50:58 PM »

;D

Hurdityx

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »

;D be prepared for World War III Teresa  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 07:45:26 PM »

Hang on to it, might be worth something in an auction  ;D

Nowt to do with me Hurdity  :-\
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:45:50 PM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:12 PM »

Sorry Hurdity, as this thread was about private education when CLKD mentioned healthcare I didn't check the post, just assumed it was about private health care.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2019, 10:46:09 PM »

It's OK we likes a meander  ;)

Padine

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 05:16:52 PM »

Sheila, I absolutely agree with you - discipline IS what needs to improve - at home as well as in the classroom. If I had gone home saying a teacher had given me a row or punishment of some kind, my parents would have seen red with me.
During the summer holidays a court awarded a sacked teacher £60,000 for loss of earnings. He was sacked by the Head Teacher because a pupil's mother had complained of the way in which sacked teacher had spoken to said pupil. Said pupil had refused to do work (or homework) and was told off accordingly. The Report claimed that this was work for an forthcoming exam; the school was a fee paying, private school, approx 30 miles from where I live.

I taught at a rough school where classes were approx 30 pupils each. The kids there were rough diamonds! If I gave someone a telling off they sulked a bit then got on with their work, behavior was usually fine after that. A similar sized "better" school I taught in was not so pleasant to teach in, and if I had to give a pupil a row, then the parent would invariably phone or write to HT saying how unfair that Ms P should dare talk to Little XYZ, and HT should take note. Of course, these parents wouldn't come to see me at Parent's Night.

Maybe if education was left alone and to the people who had been trained in Education Practices, things may improve..................but that is a big "MAY" !! :-\  End of lecture!

Padine x

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 06:52:55 PM »

It's all too Pc now,when my sister was teaching,there was this rowdy boy,always disrupting the class,he told my sister to F off and headed out the door,my sister went to stop him and he said,if you touch me I'll get you sacked,she let him past,next thing she knew his mother was on the phone to headmaster cursing and swearing,asking why her son was seen walking down the road,teachers just can't win,that's why she eventually stopped teaching

Padine

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2019, 11:04:22 AM »

I bet your sister was a fabulous teacher Jaypo - that little s***e is the loser in the end. Time that more Head teachers grew a backbone and supported their staff. Had I been clever enough to be a HT, I would have backed up my staff and any moaning parents would not be allowed to swear to me, never mind be disrespecting of the staff. Too many young inexperienced HTs nowadays wanting promotion at all costs!
                   Off my soapbox now  :peace:
                                                      Padine xx

PS what about a new Lady PM?   :ola:

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2019, 11:43:16 AM »

Been there ............

How about a female PM with menopause  :D

Kids know too much these days.

I think the problem is the rowdiness which covers a lot of problems that children are facing at home/peer group.  A teacher that I know would sit in the class 12/13 year olds if the kids were rioting and read.  Eventually 1 child would be aware that she wasn't taking notice.  As the class became quiet because their actions hadn't gained the response they expected:

"I am paid to be here.  I would like to teach you all.  If however, you don't want to learn in my Class that's fine. That is your choice. You want to become adults, then start acting like adults.  You will miss so much by not listening to your peer group, your teachers, youth workers but that is your choice."  She came from an inner City area and refused to be drawn into their behaviour.  She always spoke quietly.  Rarely shouted but boy if she did  :o

After a couple of weeks each new Term the kids began to take notice. 

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2019, 01:29:54 PM »

She was a really good teacher,sadly passed away,her headmaster did back her but she just had enough,she couldn't do the job she loved or was trained to do,it's ok if you're in a school in a great area but they are far and few between .
Pages: 1 [2]