Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Am I Peri or Not ?  (Read 1927 times)

pants46

• Still Struggling
Re: Am I Peri or Not ?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 08:49:06 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. x

Tc

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 05:52:31 PM »

Pants. I found this for you. You might find helpful

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322133.php

It's basically about how the pill can mask peri menopausal symptoms.

It could be possible that you were in peri and stopping the pill has brought the symptoms to the surface rather than the removal of the ovary.  Just a thought.

From the (many) studies and articles I've read it seems that although obviously removing one ovary halves follicle quantity it doesnt necessarily affect the quantity and quality of the follicles in the remaining one.

In other words the remaining ovary will be running its reserve down at it's own pace as it would have if the other was present .

I think only my opinion for what it's worth,  maybe , you should maybe take the ovary removal out of the picture for now. It seems your most pressing issue is your symptoms and iwhether or not to go back on HRT and to make this decision you want  to establish whether this is pill withdrawal or peri and how long you should wait to see which.

Heres an excerpt from an NHS page.

"The first period after stopping the pill is known as a "withdrawal bleed". The next period after this withdrawal bleed is your first natural period.

"Your periods may be irregular when you first come off the pill, and you should allow up to three months for your natural menstrual cycle to re-establish itself fully."

I personally would take from this info that if  you remain irregular after several months pill free , coupled with your other symptoms then its seems to lean towards peri.  I know you werent in peri in terms of other symptoms before surgery. But as the article I've linked suggests the pill can mask irregular patterns in peri.

your doc seems to be taking a "wait and see approach" but that can make you feel you have just been left alone to sort it out and theres a limit to how long you can wait to see when you are suffering so badly so  Why dont you make an appointment now to see doc again in 2 weeks or a month so you know you have something in place. Maybe you could look into Hurditys suggestion about COP so you can discuss it with your doc.

Much love pants xxx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 07:08:10 PM »

Thanks Tc.
I think you've made really good points about the ovary removal and being on / off the POP. I admit I've been obsessing.
I guess (if I'm honest) I'm looking for a cure. And I have to come to the realisation that this isn't something that gets cured.
I have a Dr appointment in 2 weeks, and will defo discuss the COP. I'm not sure she will agree to it, as I'm over weight and a smoker. But I will ask.
xx
Pages: 1 [2]