Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Applicators  (Read 665 times)

Donnadoobie

Applicators
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »

Having recently discovered that I have vaginal dryness,  I initially tried replens with an applicator. Everything was fine the first time and the second time I had a tiny amount of bleeding, an hour later, probably from scratching myself.

Last week, I was examined internally by a women's physio who said I was very dry, so again tried replens while I waited for YES to arrive in the post, again another tiny bleed.  Three days later I used the applicator, filling it up with YES, another small bleed.  I have had two internal examinations in the last two months and no bleeding with either of them and no problem found internally.

My physio said I could apply the moisturiser with my finger, would this be enough?  I have also bought some pesseries, balance active to try. 

Does it get easier with applicators and the dryness improves, just worried about infection.  I feel at a bit of a loss about what to do.

Gp for estrogen?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Applicators
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 09:07:56 AM »

Get rid of the 'replens' you need appropriate treatment for vaginal atrophy.  The women' physio needs educating.  Do read our threads on atrophy.  Make notes.  Copy and take to the woman .........

There are 2 types of oestrogen replacement, usually the cause for dryness.  The idea is to use it for 2 weeks nightly then as necessary, usually every 3rd and every 5th/6th night.  For ever.  'vagifem' is delivered at a lower dose than original prescribed, some ladies need it nightly ...... many GPs are not aware of this. 

GP pronto and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment, either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin'.  'yes' and/or 'sylc' can be used along side either.

Let us know how you get on.