Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Zumenon: from Nirvana to hell  (Read 1794 times)

becca

Zumenon: from Nirvana to hell
« on: September 19, 2019, 04:42:15 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I switched to Zumenon 2mg about 3 months ago after not being able to absorb estrogel (6 pumps) or patches (200 mg).  I'm on 100mg Utro vaginally for 12 days due to intolerance. For the two months on Zumenon I felt absolutely amazing - like myself again.  I thought I had finally cracked it.
But.........the last two weeks all the warning signs that something is not right have come back - not sleeping, uncontrollable crying, hot flushes, low energy, low mood, weight gain.  I can't believe I am back in this place.
Any advice folks - clinic won't give me implant until we've found that oestro dose that's right for me and that's proving tricky.  Don't know what else to try,
xxx

Hurdity

Re: Zumenon: from Nirvana to hell
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »

Hi Woodpecker - so sorry to hear you are still having problems getting the right dose. Are you able to increase the dose of tablets - I know that's an obvious question?

However it does sound like your oestrogen levels have fallen. Were you getting these symptoms before on the high dose patches and gel?

I can't remember how old you are and how far since menopause?

Sorry I can't be of more help - there are a number of women on here in a similar position and I hope you find a solution soon....

Hurdity x

becca

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »

Were you getting these symptoms before on the high dose patches and gel?

I can't remember how old you are and how far since menopause?

Thanks Hurdity - I'm 48, had an early meno and think I am post meno now but of course there's no way to tell.  I had the same problem on the gel and patches - it was great for the first couple of months then all the symptoms returned, so increased the dose and the same thing happened.  a vicious cycle.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 07:54:16 PM »

I suggested this to someone else this eve as I read about it on another group and had forgotten that someone on here used to do it - but have you tried patches and gel together ie a low or medium dose of each? Might be worth a try due to the different absorption? Or - tablet and gel etc or any combination to reach the right dose?

Hurdity x

becca

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 06:46:04 AM »

Thanks Hurdity - I'm getting my bloods done again in a couple of weeks so I'll wait and see what the levels are.  On patches I plummeted further down that I ever been so am a little wary of trying those again, but a combo with gel might be an option.  Right now I feel awful but no worse than I did on 6 pumps of gel so maybe this is just as good as it is going to get for me.