Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yet another new product for vaginal atrophy??  (Read 13071 times)

Hurdity

Re: Yet another new product for vaginal atrophy?? IMVAGGIS
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 08:51:53 PM »

Haha - I did think that about the name too  ;D . Can you imagine them sitting round a boardroom table or having a brain-storming session with flip chart and popping out names like that. Maybe it was a competition like "Boaty-Mac-Boat-Face"  ;D

Hurdity x

Maryjane

Re: Yet another new product for vaginal atrophy??
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 09:02:38 PM »

A couple of ladies in my VA group have been prescribed it and we await there review.😊

It's been around years just not in the U.K.

Alysonw1

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 09:45:51 PM »

Hi i have been given imvaggis. I found yoyr website when trying to research it. It is the first thing i have taken unsure as thought i was getting vagifem. Which one is best and when should i notice change.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 10:36:55 PM »

Hi Alysonw1

:welcomemm:

The difference is that Imvaggis is a waxy pessary containing estriol and Vagifem is a small hard tablet pessary containing estradiol. Both are oestrogens and they will both do the same job but also with different fillers and to some extent it is a matter of preference - and how your body reacts.

I presume you have been given sufficient for the "loading phase" - which is nightly for 2 -3 weeks followed by a maintenance dose of twice weekly (depending on your instruction leaflet or prescription)? With severe VA, nightly use can be extended and the maintenance dose can be more frequnt - with approval from the doc.

Depending on your symptoms you should start to see an improvement fairly soon - re dryness and itching - if these are your symptoms?

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about yourself, where in menopause you are, what your periods are doing, and what you hope the Imvaggis will do for you? It's a new product to UK and I think you're the first on here to be given it - so we will be very interested in how you get on!

There are also creams and moisturisers that can be used later on the days when you don't use the Imvaggis. Have a look at the info on the menus about vaginal problems and treatments and there are articles too here:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-vaginal-atrophy.php
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/pdf/article-gsm-issue44.pdf

Hope it works for you :)

Hurdity x

Alysonw1

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 06:06:53 PM »

Thanks H, your the best!

Wonder if anyone here is taking IMVAGGIS, I mean REALYY...who signed off on that name, how can we have a serious conversation about IMVAGGIS, heads must roll as well as these eyes ::)

Will the NHS take the IMVAG and run with it?

Does MJ have anything to add, she's got her ear to the vag ground I'm sure of it.

Sorry guys, I've got the cheeky Friday feeling early this week, just ignore me.  :D

TD
Hi i have been given imvaggis been yaking for 5 days and i started bleeding today. Iz this nodmal. Also mt chemist had nsver heard of it she had to order it in ..
Alyson

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 06:09:50 PM »

Hi Alysonw1

Did you see my post below  immediately before the post you just made? If you can answer a few questions about where you are in menopause we might be able to help you?  The bleeding may well have nothing to do with the product - but if your VA was bad it could be mild trauma from using the applicator on thin tissues?

Hurdity x

Alysonw1

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 06:25:41 PM »

Thanks Hurty
Hi Alysonw1

:welcomemm:

The difference is that Imvaggis is a waxy pessary containing estriol and Vagifem is a small hard tablet pessary containing estradiol. Both are oestrogens and they will both do the same job but also with different fillers and to some extent it is a matter of preference - and how your body reacts.

I presume you have been given sufficient for the "loading phase" - which is nightly for 2 -3 weeks followed by a maintenance dose of twice weekly (depending on your instruction leaflet or prescription)? With severe VA, nightly use can be extended and the maintenance dose can be more frequnt - with approval from the doc.

Depending on your symptoms you should start to see an improvement fairly soon - re dryness and itching - if these are your symptoms?

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about yourself, where in menopause you are, what your periods are doing, and what you hope the Imvaggis will do for you? It's a new product to UK and I think you're the first on here to be given it - so we will be very interested in how you get on!

There are also creams and moisturisers that can be used later on the days when you don't use the Imvaggis. Have a look at the info on the menus about vaginal problems and treatments and there are articles too here:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-vaginal-atrophy.php
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/pdf/article-gsm-issue44.pdf

Hope it works for you :)

Hurdity x
thankd Hurdity.
Interesting as the chemit questioned it as she had mever heard of it and had to order it in. She even queried the strengh of it with my Dr as i was expecting vagife.. have only taken it fod 5 days but started bleeding today.. is this to be expected i have never used anything before and i am not due my period
Alyson

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »

Yes it's a very new product.

What are your periods doing in terms of how often are they?  When is your period due? Have they been regular irregualr or not or got shorter the time between them etc? It could just be coincidence? Do you use the applicator?

Spotting can be expected on any HRT product including local oestrogen although it is not mentioned specifically in the product info for Imvaggis.  As I mentioned the tissues are very thin if you have Vaginal Atrophy and they are fragile and can easily tear especially if you are putting things up there like local oestrogen. If this was the cause then it is bleeding or spotting from the vagina. A period is bleeding from the uterus (through the vagina) and usually accompanied by other period signs - that you know it's a proper period. However in peri-menopause anything is possible re bleeding.

At this point no need to do anything I owuld have thought unless you are worried - but if the bleeding gets very heavy and you don't think it's a period then maybe consult your doc but honestly at this point I would suggest not a cause for concern. However only your doc knows your history eg do you have endometriosis? Or fibroids etc?

Here is an article about peri-menopause you might like to read:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

All the best :)

Hurdity x

Alysonw1

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2019, 04:51:09 PM »

Hi ladies thankyou.
I am 52. Period still comes regular as clock work. But low libido and dryness and a bit of leakage. Gynocoligist thought topical cream would be good.
Started using ladt Sunday period was just past. Used until wednesday as i was bleeding. It is more than spotting it is like a period my breast were tender also.
Pharmacist could not help suggested i call Dr as she had never heard of it.. Dr calling me back on Monday . Thanks

Sybell

• First Flush
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2021, 06:59:09 AM »

Asked my doctor about Imvaggis today and I was told it had been discontinued.  :(

I have just had this prescribed, so cannot be discontinued?

JanS

• First Flush
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 07:09:04 PM »

I have been using this now for a few months after coming off estriol 0.01% it is bloody marvellous works for me the estriol made me very sore the day after I used it, I have nothing like that with this.  Am very happy would definitely recommend it.

Joaniepat

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2021, 08:53:52 PM »

Good to hear that Imvaggis is working so well for you - thanks for posting about it.
JP x

Jasmine20

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2021, 12:06:45 PM »

Imvaggis has been good for me too - I just never got on with Vagifem which irritated my vagina and my bladder. I felt the Imvaggis had fewer excipients so was less likely to trigger a reaction. I think it's the alcohol based preservatives in the creams that may be the problem for me.

But the dose of estriol is low and so I find myself using it about 4 times a week with a dab of Ovestin on the vulva most nights. I can get away with using Ovestin internally if I dilute it with Olive and Bee or the YES oil based lubricant but about once weekly.

I'm curious about Intrarosa especially as my libido is very low. It's either that or a long wait for a menopause clinic to get testosterone.

Pages: 1 [2]