Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Not Sleeping  (Read 1235 times)

MarksGirlFriday

• First Flush
Not Sleeping
« on: August 17, 2021, 04:18:53 AM »

For the last couple of months the only way I have been able to get a decent nights sleep is by taking Nytol.  If I don't, and I try to only take it after several bad nights, the quality of sleep is really poor or non-existent.  As you can image, this has a knock on effect to my Husband as well.  Heat is obviously an issue, despite windows being open and a 2-tog duvet, but I find it hard to go to sleep and stay asleep.  I am not on HRT, as apart from this the symptoms have been manageable so far (4 months no period, so still a way to go), but if anyone has any suggestions on things that may help it would be much appreciated (by both of us  :)) - thanks

Shell babes

Re: Not Sleeping
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 07:59:15 AM »

I had exactly the same problem and HRT has definitely helped. I don’t sleep as well as I used to but there are no nights with NO sleep which is what used to happen night after night. Apparently it’s the lack of oestrogen that causes insomnia. The HRT wasn’t an instant remedy, it took a while, three months they say although it was less than that for me. X

sheila99

Re: Not Sleeping
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 11:30:55 AM »

Insomnia and anxiety were my worst symptoms, both have gone with hrt though it did take 3 months. Although sleeping pills cured the sleep problem I was so dopey the next day it might as well have been lack of sleep and obviously they are not a long term solution. Some people have tried melatonin which you have to get from the USA. Try a forum search, there is advice on how to relax (didn't help me but may help you).