Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does Anyone Have a Worst Time of Day?  (Read 2508 times)

Kathleen

Re: Does Anyone Have a Worst Time of Day?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 06:47:45 PM »

Hello again ladies

My moods have also changed like the weather today. However I plan to continue being HRT free until the beginning of October to give my experiment the full three months.  I felt better earlier and fell into the old trap of thinking that I'd turned some sort of corner, only to feel wobbly again later. Ho hum. It all gets very wearing doesn't it.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 07:19:19 PM »

Hello again ladies

My moods have also changed like the weather today. However I plan to continue being HRT free until the beginning of October to give my experiment the full three months.  I felt better earlier and fell into the old trap of thinking that I'd turned some sort of corner, only to feel wobbly again later. Ho hum. It all gets very wearing doesn't it.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

It sounds like you're ‘generally' ok though Kathleen? You've made it to almost 3 months HRT free without major problems and maybe those you have will start to dissipate? The longest I got to was 3 weeks and I really couldn't function.

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 08:35:15 PM »

Hello again ladies

KiltedCupid -  thank you so much for your comments. As I've said before, I am no better but no worse so there is some comfort in that.  I'll continue to update the forum as other ladies might benefit from my experiences.

Wishing you well.

K.

juliemargaret

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »

Plrase.do keep us updated kathleen. I too may stop my gel this week if feel no better. X

KiltedCupid

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2019, 11:12:03 PM »

Yes, I'm interested too Kathleen, I alternate between 12.5 and 25 patch, so trying to keep it low as I no longer feel good on high doses of E. It's funny because my body just seemed to tell me this and the only way I felt better was to reduce, not increase, as I thought. I'm happy staying on it for a while low dose but interested to hear how you get on.

Wobbles

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 07:27:20 PM »

Hi Kiltedcupid, my doc won't test for hormone levels as she says there's no point as they fluctuate. I suggested she could take blood samples every week for a month if they wanted but that was a no-go. They've now prescibed the mini-pill for me (Cerazette) as I was having issues with too much bleeding on Femoston 1/10 plus bad digestive issues meant I probably wasn't absorbing it well. They won't give me oestrogen to go with the mini-pill either. I'm waiting to see if I get a period since I've been off HRT in the last few weeks.

Hi Kathleen, - I'm also interested to hear how you get on. I've had some occasional warm spells at night - can't really call them sweats yet and no hot flushes during the day at all. I've been taking digestive enzymes which has really helped with the digestion but not the 'funny turns' I sometimes get in the evenings. Do keep us updated :-)

W x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 08:10:56 PM »

Wobbles - I had dreadful digestive problems on Femoston. It was a pity as I quite liked that prog, it seemed very gentle but the digestive issues were horrendous. You can have a home blood test done if you're willing to pay for it, Medichecks have a range of tests including, I believe, oestrogen only. Have a look at their website.

Wobbles

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 07:38:44 AM »

Thanks KiltedCupid - just checked it out and seems very thorough!

Thanks for the info.

W x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2019, 09:19:33 AM »

Thanks KiltedCupid - just checked it out and seems very thorough!

Thanks for the info.

W x

No problem - the only issue I've had with medichecks tests is, as they're a finger **** blood test, if you are a gel user, they pick up the gel in the skin which can skew readings. I was told to avoid gel on one hand for a few weeks and re-test. It was fine then. Good luck.

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2019, 04:34:23 PM »

Hi Kiltedcupid, my doc won't test for hormone levels as she says there's no point as they fluctuate. I suggested she could take blood samples every week for a month if they wanted but that was a no-go. They've now prescibed the mini-pill for me (Cerazette) as I was having issues with too much bleeding on Femoston 1/10 plus bad digestive issues meant I probably wasn't absorbing it well. They won't give me oestrogen to go with the mini-pill either. I'm waiting to see if I get a period since I've been off HRT in the last few weeks.

Hi Kathleen, - I'm also interested to hear how you get on. I've had some occasional warm spells at night - can't really call them sweats yet and no hot flushes during the day at all. I've been taking digestive enzymes which has really helped with the digestion but not the 'funny turns' I sometimes get in the evenings. Do keep us updated :-)

W x

Hi Wobbles - sorry I don't know your story but your doc is right and you really don't need to spend money on blood tests for oestrogen. Also Cerazette is not especially for menopause (well not the classic sympotoms anyway) - as it doesn't deal with reduced oestrogen (depending where you are in menopause) - but controls your cycle.  In fact it depresses oestrogen levels. If you want to explore this in more detail just looking at your situation maybe start a new thread. Apologies if you have already done so - I've only just come on here and there are lots of posts!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]