Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Are we ever free from worry.  (Read 1747 times)

Dierdre

Are we ever free from worry.
« on: September 11, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »

A couple of days ago I sat in the evening sun with a glass of wine and had a rare moment of contentment. My job had been okish the last couple of weeks, kids and grandkids ok, house ok, my pets and family pets all ok and I thought to myself, this is nice, no worries. I suddenly laughed because I felt the need to knock twice on wood, I should have! Just paid out nearly £400 vet bill (sudden illness needing to be kept in on drip etc, but recovering) and may not get insurance pay out because vaccinations not up to date.

No wonder we suffer from anxiety, is it really all menopausal or just the stressful lives we lead. Before the other night I cant really remember another time where I wasn't worried about something or someone, may have been just a small niggle but still there. I sometimes wish i was one of those people that just dont care a toss about anything and seem to sail through life with nothing bothering them.

Having a glass of wine and content for now..........knock knock ::)

daska86

Re: Are we ever free from worry.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 06:42:23 PM »

I'm always worrying about something. Just spent the last week organising and catering 90th birthday celebration for mum which made me feel sick and snappy, but it actually went ok, now worrying about getting sorted for a holiday next week and when I'm away I'll be worrying about what's happening back home. I long to be able to let everything go and actually enjoy each day as it comes .:(

dangermouse

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 06:56:44 PM »

When I was young I used to worry, picked the habit up from my mum and rolled with it! When I became a psychotherapist in my late 20s I learned to think rationally and all the worry went away. I went through some harsh times, the sort you read about on the news and wonder how people cope, but my new mindset made those times and life so much easier.

I still have the mindset but the physical adrenaline surges you face in peri make it so much harder as you can't think it down. I'm probably better for thinking rationally but that fight or flight feeling at a constant takes all the energy you can muster sometimes to not let your thoughts become irrational. Magnesium is currently helping a lot and I'm pretty sure that when oestrogen stops surging it will all calm down, as it does momentarily and reminds you of that normal feeling.

If you've always been a worrier, I can highly recommend Windy Drydens books (very cheap) which use Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 07:11:49 PM »

I think worry goes down the Ages  :-\.  Adrenaline keeps humans safe.  Since we crawled out of the mire, there have been dangers.  So we are hard wired to worry.

So now, I think in the same way as we are not always happy, usually there is concern in the background.  We must learn to smell the roses ;-)

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »

Sorry to hear about your pet being ill, but unless the illness  is something which could have been prevented with vaccinations i am sure your insurance should pay out

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 06:15:08 AM »

Thanks, its was a nasty infection and she wouldn't eat and became very dehydrated, anti biotics hadn't kick in and she had bad diarrhoea so had to be kept in on a drip, so maybe they will pay up, shes ok now though.

I'm from a family of worriers and one of my sons is the same, the other takes after his dad and is very laid back. Must be in the genes.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 06:29:10 AM »

Hopefully the Vet will push for the Insurance Claim to be paid.  Although they are on the side of vaccinations because it brings in regular revenue, many owners are not and a jab doesn't run out exactly within 12 months!

The main thing is, that your pet is improving!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 02:28:31 PM »

There's a lot of people who don't vaccinate at all. Of course, if you ever kennel your dog cuz your going away, you have to show proof. But, for those that don't, they say after they've had their puppy vaccinations, they never need anymore...it's very controversial, but makes me wonder if vets insist on it as it is regular income for them...? 🤷‍♀️
Some even say, the vaccinations make their dogs ill, and never the same after having them...🤷‍♀️....

jaycee

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 03:03:42 PM »

Pleased to know your cat is getting better, my insurance is paid directly to my vet
I didn't vaccinate my cats every year, my dog i did, because she was mixing with other dogs,or at least going out where other dogs  were or had been
One of my cats had fits after being vaccinated with the leukaemia vacc,i told the vet i didn't want that one,but he did it anyway
After getting her home she had a fit, only one more after that, but the insurance wont cover her for fits now,even though she has not had any more and is not on medication for fits

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »

I posted on the wrong thread I think....😬 should've been dog thread....sorry all....I must have had a ‘moment' .....😬😬

Dierdre

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »

I normally vaccinate all my pets when kittens  but she was 6 years when I had her, was my brothers and he went to live abroad, I assumed he had her done but her records said not..  Be nice if they pay out but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just happy shes well now and have my daughter to thank for doing most of trips to and from the vets, work dont consider pets a reason for time off. 

Alls well for now anyway.

Dierdre

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »

Turns out my cat was vaccinated, they had the record of this afterall but I hadn't had them yearly. The illness this time wouldn't have been prevented by vaccine anyway so I've made the claim, fingers crossed!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »

Vets get regular income from annual vaccinations.  However.  Reading 'what vets don't tell you about vaccinations' made me sit up.  Cewrrtainly the jab isn't going to run out exactly at a year.  It also states that jabs shouldn't be given if a pet is unwell and my dog, once diagnosed with lymphoma, didn't have any more vaccines. 

Kennels insist on it because they can't get a Licence to trade from the LA unless animals are covered. Stands to reason if a lot of kennelled together.  Firms to family rates ;-) for jabs.

Are we free from worry.  I don't think we can be.  Though it shouldn't be constant and being organised can ease some problems, i.e. packing for a holiday in good time; making sure that Passport etc. are up to date.  But 1 can't foresee everything but we can worry about what might happen  >:(