Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 762 times)

Mogster71

Where am I?
« on: September 15, 2019, 08:54:23 AM »

Hi ladies

I've just started pack number 2 of Femoston 2/10 but I feel dreadful :( My last tablet of the first pack was Wednesday, straight on to no2 on Thurs.

If the horrible progesterone PMS phase wasn't bad enough I've had dizziness and silent migraine since Friday and heavy period started yesterday morning. The upset tum has not really improved since the progesterone bit. Although the Femoston is definitely more gentle than the first awful Novofem HRT for me, I'm just not sure whether there is any point if all I'm going to get is one week a month when I feel human  :'(  Feel like giving up!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Where am I?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 10:14:24 AM »

:hug:

juliemargaret

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 10:41:38 AM »

I too feel awful on this hrt  Mogster. Youre not alone.  X

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »

Hello Mogster71

I'm sure that you are right about your HRT but last Tuesday I woke in the night with a sore throat and ears. I got back to sleep but in the morning I had a dizzy spell. I assume it is a virus and a friend of mine has had something similar. I still have the virus and continue to feel a bit rough tbh!

Your dizziness is probably your HRT but a viral infection is certainly going around.

Wishing you well.

K.

juliemargaret

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »

Is there a virus lurking kathleen? As im.same...had a horrible dull headache for days yesterday a dizzy spell today same but feel like flu-ey.  I do think my headaches are due to the gel but i dont know why i feel so not good today. Poss a virus also. Give up guessing. No tablets are touching it. X

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 02:34:48 PM »

Hello again ladies

Jmargaret - I sympathise about the guessing part! I mentioned the virus because I had such  dizzy turn that I had to hang on to the basin while the bathroom whirled around me. I've continued to have similar episodes every day since but they are milder. I also feel nauseated and have a sore throat etc. My elderly neighbour had the same thing a few weeks ago but she has recovered now.  Having said all that, I also had headaches at the beginning of my meno journey which lasted all day and continued for six months. This was pre HRT and felt hormonal. I was never a headache sufferer before and they have never returned. I think it is likely to be the gel causing your headaches but I suppose other factors are worth thinking about.  I hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

K.

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 05:43:41 PM »

Hi ladies

Thank you for your supportive comments as always  :-*

Kathleen I don't think it's a virus, I suffer from vertigo at times anyway but it seems to be worse at different times of the month. I didn't connect the two until my peri symptoms revved up late last year and the silent migraines started.

I'm really sorry you feel so rotten. Dizziness can definitely be viral if you are bunged up with catarrh or have an upper RTI - all those funky tubes are connected!! Wishing you better very quickly x

JMargaret isn't it odd....this is supposed to be one of the gentlest forms of progesterone. How long did you give it before you tried something else? If you did move what did you try next, a gel? Hope you feel better soon!! x