Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen Implants - meno doc tells me I can't get these on the NHS  (Read 637 times)

CathDog

• First Flush

Hi there,
Has anyone had this experience?
I look on line talk to my gp about getting an oestrogen implant and from our convo and internet it all seems possible.
Arrive at meno appointment at st Michaels Bristol (wait 6 months) and meno doc tells me she cant get delivery of implants because pharmacist says its not on their formulary and I need to go private if I want this
(what looks like a delivery of hormones that is better for my health, and on the surface anyway looks like an efficient delivery mechanism)
Anyone in the UK had implants and how did you get them and how do I get the NHS in Bristol to get them.
Thank you
Cath

sheila99

Re: Oestrogen Implants - meno doc tells me I can't get these on the NHS
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 12:20:32 PM »

Perhaps try the Nice guidelines. Not commonly prescribed here so there's a good chance she's right. Why do you want an implant? I've had a testosterone one (privately, not available on the nhs) but I wouldn't do so again. I don't want another scar and I'd rather have control of the dose. I was told it couldn't be removed.

CathDog

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »

Hi,
I would prefer a steady dose that I dont have to think about and with the gel I'm smothered in gel every day, for the next 20 years because I am on 3 pumps. I cant be bothered with wasting 15 mins of my life every morning. I have to make sure I have gel on hand, have to make sure I dont forget if I have a different routine some morning, dont need to keep gel in the office, gym bag, bathroom in case my routine changes. I dont have to go through the repeat prescription process every 2 months, cant get it to work on ilovemygp ap. I cant take the pills because of the lactose. its just easier in my mind.
tku c

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »

'wasting' time caring for your health  :-\ ....... we are lucky in Europe 2 be able to get HRT etc..  In the 3rd World  :'( they can't even get aspirin  :'(

An implant can cause huge problems if 1 is sensitive to it.  What would you like to ease first?  Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary ..... if the product isn't licensed in the UK what then?

Don't you cook for yourself?  If so you need everything 'to hand'  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 07:32:38 PM »

Would it be easier to apply it at night? I put it on my inner thigh, I manage to fit 1.5 pumps on each leg, then I can get into bed immediately and just hold the duvet away for a short time. There's no way I'm getting up 15 mins earlier and freezing with no clothes on! I'll be snookered if I have to go to 4 pumps.