Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Doctor has stopped my repeat  (Read 953 times)

kdee69

Doctor has stopped my repeat
« on: September 11, 2019, 09:34:31 PM »

So, my doctor has stopped my repeat online ability to order Oestrogel. It may all be innocent as I've been on it 6 months so they just want to see how I am, but I'm now sending myself into a blind panic that they will try and take me off HRT following all the scaremongering recently. I can't tell you how jittery this is making me. I have an appt for next Friday to discuss and I don't know the best article /ref guide to take with me that counteracts the
rise in b cancer report. There are 18 pages on that particular thread and I'm losing myself in what is best.
In addition, due to horrendous Utrogestan intolerance I stayed on the Desogesterel Progesterone which my doctor had inadvertently prescribed and when I visited the Newson clinic,  the doctor I saw said “may or may not work” but she just wasn't able to “recommend” it and I've felt fine. 6 months in however, I've started to bleed. Old looking spotting rather than fresh. I'm now convinced of the worst and would happily pay privately for a scan. This would have been a reason in and of itself to see the doc, but now with all the above, I'm really worried they'll just advise me to stop!
As an aside, I currently use four pumps of oestrogel and a Progesterone tablet every day. I wonder whether or what would happen, if I stopped the tablets for a week and had a breakthrough bleed.

I'm so sorry, I know this post is rambling on and on but I feel suddenly desperate. I've had my life back for the last six months and to walk back into the hell of no HRT really scares me.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:37:13 PM by kdee69 »

Tinkerbell

Re: Doctor has stopped my repeat
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:41:33 PM »

I haven't been able to order repeat when GP feels its time for a HRT review, so it is probably no more than that.

kdee69

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:59:54 PM »

Thank you ladies. Stella Jane, your reply certainly made me feel less anxious but also made perfect sense too. Thank you so much.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 06:31:25 AM »

Why not ring the Surgery and ask  :-\

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 07:30:57 AM »

I've been on new hrt and when I've gone to renew it asked me to go in it's just for a check, blood pressure ect.

kdee69

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 11:00:33 AM »

Why not ring the Surgery and ask  :-\

You clearly haven't met the Rottweiler's that man the reception at our surgery. I would have zero chance of speaking to a doctor without almost discussing in the greatest detail what I'm ringing for and I don't necessarily want to a) discuss it with a receptionist or b) even alert them to the fact that I'm wondering it.
Sometimes though we panic in the dark of night and just a friendly reply is all that's needed to allay our fears. I think that that's what happened here for me.  Stella Jane's reply was what I needed

misskh

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 08:30:18 PM »

I think we use the same surgery.. ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »

Get an appt with the Practice Manager and put your point forwards?  You don't have to give any information to anyone other than medics ;-).  "I don't want the whole village to know my problems" attitude ?

Dierdre

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 09:20:07 PM »

My repeat was stopped a few months ago and I panicked and the surgery sent a text for me to make an appointment. It was a routine review, they have to do this annually now, took blood pressure and just ask how I was doing, dont worry.